Into the Woods

Into the Woods

A Chapter by Benitoo

Pillars of ashen smoke rose behind steep green hills. The faint crashes of falling walls and ceilings could be heard. Down one hill, dots of people and horses and carts ran wildly, trying to flee the groups of horsemen wielding bows and axes in close pursuit. The people dispersed and ran as fast as they could in all directions, some of them falling and rolling down, but the horsemen were too quick. Their arrows never missed their marks, taking down most of the desperate and terrified runners before they reached the bottom of the hill. Soon, just as the front of the fleeing group did reach the bottom, the horsemen caught up and began smashing backs and tearing off heads with their axes. 


© 2014 Benitoo


Author's Note

Benitoo
in progress

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Like it. Love the very visual style, the dots on the hillside for example. Wasn't sure that tearing was the best choice of verb for beheading. That might be personal though. If I was writing this I would use this bird's eye view and then zoom in to a specific individual act of cruelty to get a very human angle. Great start.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
1 Review
Added on September 6, 2014
Last Updated on September 6, 2014
Tags: knight, king, middle ages, chivalry, castle, fight, sword


Author

Benitoo
Benitoo

NYC, NY



About
So many mistakes Which seem inevitable in the course of trying I was only trying to be But I've made people mad And made others cry Hurt myself beyond repair And I can see some of the future Mi.. more..

Writing