Ultimate Bench Grinder

Ultimate Bench Grinder

A Story by Deborah K. McIntyre




A bench grinder is an important tool for any home shop. The main capacity of bench grinders is to keep your other equipment in top working condition. Mostly this is done by keeping cutting blades sharp. The reason this is so imperative is a sharp blade is a lot safer than a dull one. Also, a sharp blade on another tool will cut faster and do the current task all the more consistently. That is why it is essential to have a way to hone blades whenever you require too.

 

You may think you could simply purchase new blades whenever the old ones get dull, but that is a misuse of money. If you are doing any measure of general work in a shop, then a bench grinder is an obligation that will pay for itself rapidly.

 

What to Use a Bench Grinder For

 

Bench Grinder size

 

Bench Grinders arrive in an assortment of sizes. If you have a little shop than a little one with one-quarter or one-half drive should be sufficient enough. You can get half-inch to inch cutting wheels for these. If you are doing all the more heavy duty work through or using it a much, you might want to think to get one with an extra strong motor or one that can bolster bigger wheels. A few models can handle wheels upwards of eight inches in size. This makes for a bigger surface territory to use to grind things speeding up the procedure or making it so you can grind bigger things.

 

Normal Uses

 

I know I said that bench grinders are for sharpening blades, but they can also be used for many other things besides this. Some other basic uses for a bench grinder are grinding down bolts, smoothing weld parts, or smoothing the outer portion of wood after it has been cut. Above it, you can also use it to fix cold chisels, drill bits, plane irons, and knives or cutting tools. This implies that once you have a bench grinder, you will probably be coming to it and using it all the more often then you thought. That is why it is a good plan to peruse surveys and invest in the best bench grinder you can manage. You don't want to get one now to need to supplant it later because it doesn't do everything you require it to do.

 

Things to keep in mind is the types of jobs you will do with the grinder. If you are only a woodworker, then you won't require as powerful of a grinder as an auto workman. A bench grinder can do a much of jobs extremely well, and you want to keep in mind what you intend to do with yours, so you find the ideal one to address your issues. You also need to recall that the grinding wheels you choose are a major part of how your grinding experience will go and you want to get quality ones that are suited for the activity you are doing. When you have a bench grinder, you will find yourself using it constantly, and it will spare you a lot of money.

© 2018 Deborah K. McIntyre


Author's Note

Deborah K. McIntyre
Looking some varieties of best bench grinder is for sharpening blades. Checkout details...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hmmm...This article is 100% bullshit, from start to finish. Whoever wrote it has, obviously, never spent time in a shop. They claim, at the start, that the primary use of a bench grinder is to sharpen blades (type unspecified) But the very last thing you want to do is use a high speed grinding wheel on a knife—unless your goal is to ruin it. Sharpening tools is the use they should have mentioned, but not knowing what they were talking about...

Then they title a section, " What to Use a Bench Grinder For " You would think the next thing would be a discussion of...well, what to use a bench grinder for. But instead, they next talk about grinder size. So obviously, whoever edited this is incompetent, too.

And they suggest using the bench grinder you will grind down bolt heads with as a way of smoothing wood. Clearly, whoever wrote this had seen nothing but the old fashioned "step on the pedal to make the big grinding wheel go around," not one with a 3600 rpm motor driving the wheel. Use the stone that sharpens a lathe tool, or grinds a bolt on wood and you will rough it up, gouge it, and burn it.


In the end, this is, as advertised, fiction, and poorly written fiction, not an article.

Student grade: D-

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
1 Review
Added on April 2, 2018
Last Updated on April 2, 2018
Tags: bench grinder, grinder machine, top rated bench grinder, 8 inch bench grinder