COWARD..

COWARD..

A Story by bethany cullen
"

Lilly's mother dies and she blames herself, she cannot bare to stay alive and sends cries for help but fails and soon harms herself ...

"

 

 

Burns, it burns on my tongue to say the words, like acid killing the layers of me mouth as i try to tell Samia what happened. Gazing in a concerned look as though i had just told her i had planned to shoot myself (which wasn't a bad idea at this point). Samia had never been my friend, we had clashed right from the beggining when we met in primary and she took my apple tart off me ( doesn't seem significant now but to a 5 year old it was like a huge punch right in the gut, definetly worth falling out over).  Obviously now i'd forgiven her for it but it didn't make her my best friend, at the least i'd say we didnt meet eye-to-eye. However on this dreadful black night with the bright shining moon my only companion when samia had strutted along i just couldn't help open up to her when  she'd sourly offered. I began at the beggining of the night, this is what i told Samia " my mother , joyce and left to meet her boyfriend, Frank ( they'd been dating for a year ) at the pub called polars and puffin down the road at approximately 7:30" i said the words coldly  looking  back on it flinching at every word. " Mum arrived home at 3:15 and i knew the exact time because i heard her stagger through the front door which she'd already opened, despite the fact she still continued jamming the rusty key in the door" i said, Samia chuckled at the thought of my immaculate, undercontrol mother drunk and waving an old key around. i didn't laugh or snigger i just continued now looking away into the abondoned park across the road ,empty and depressing-look. Like me.

" ahh this bloody key mum yelled and kicked the door that now swung open into our quiet,dark house as i'd turned the lights off and went to bed 2 hours ago expecting mum to just creep into bed at the most a little ermm.... "tipsy" but ofcourse she didnt , i heard her and that frank giggling and singing " We are the champions." i said the words in such a harsh tone i even scared myslef a little. Samia still stared right into my lifless hazel eyes, i knew they no longer looked like a golden sweet liquidy substance insted a dark orange  beaming into the darkness of the night. i decided to skip telling Samia of how my mother and "prince charming" yelled that the wished the were Brian and Meg from family guy .

" Mum had never been this drunk, and i'd never seen frank like that , he was quiet and caring. Anyway mother began climbing the stair with great effort and panting then i heard a clash and i thought she falling so i spprang from my bed to see if she was alright. She hadn't fell and the man standing above her was NOT FRANK ! Drank lay in the corner liflessly with blood staining his white top. The man was  dressed in a perefect black suit, he had a a long black tie and a black shirt, he had enormous hands. He had a black rugged mustache and green peicing eyes that looked liked they'd turn red with angry , which spread across his body swifly .  I was to scared to yell at the man towering over my mother, instead i hid like a coward behing the door peering at the horrid scene ." Samia's eyes buldged as i continued my story . I told her of how i watched my mother die in the arms of that murderer and how i now blamed my self for not being brave enough to stop it. " I  climbed out the narrow window and ran here , i swear Samia i wanted to go back but i couldn't , i couldn't bare to see my mother lying d-d-d" i felt samia's cold hand reach out and touchmine in a comforting way trying to encourage me. It helped. "d-d-de-dead on the f-f-floor next to F-Frank. 

 

We stayed silent both faced the other way for what seemed like an hour then i got up and said with a cracked tone " now i must die and be with my mother , i must be the coward and take the easy way out by jus dying"

" But everyone is a coward sometime!" Samia said

then i heard her whisper " accept me "

I got up and held my wrist out and took the small army knife i had taking from my scouts bag and pressed it to my pale white wrist. Samia watched in amazment then got up and just walked away. i heard her mutter  " i can't be a part of this ."

I dug the blade in and lay there in the rocky hard gravel and whispered a weak voice " you're  a coward because you hid from death too , but it always catches up when ur a ... COWARD " and with those words i took my last breath..... no longer a coward......

© 2012 bethany cullen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

thanks xxx


Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh my gosh i love this!
i so did not see that coming at the end

Posted 12 Years Ago


oh my god that is like AMAZING really really good bethany xx its sad aswell xxx how come Im the bad guy???? lol, kdnon xxxx Its really good xxx so Frank and her mum got murdered???

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 2, 2012
Last Updated on January 2, 2012

Author

bethany cullen
bethany cullen

glasgow, ilovegod, United Kingdom



About
well i love, love , love the twilight books (like all you guys) i am on the vampire team ( i love edward !) but i don't hate jacob he is very nice looking in the films and a charator who suffers alot .. more..

Writing