God Takes The Wrong People

God Takes The Wrong People

A Poem by WritersSoul

Oh my,
The Lord took a wrong person.
Took a innocent life,
And left the family to suffer.
I am wondering,
Why does the Lord take the innocent,
And leave the evil on the Earth.
I have witnessed,
The heartache of a fellow friend,
Not close but I was once a good frined of hers.
She is in pieces,
Wanting her family life back to normal.
This year won't be the same,
Without her darling person there.
Her family is lost withouth that one person,
And now she grievs.
On Facebook,
She is blessed with friends who write to her,
Reach out to her in the time of sorrow.
Bonfire night without her,
Halloween without her,
Christmas without her...
How can she live on?!
The person who gave her life?!
Is suddenly taken away in a blink of an eye?!
The Lord Takes The Wrong People.
I am sorry Charlotte,
My prayers are out for her,
You are strong to suffer this much a blow.
She is now at peace and how you've endured, oh my,
Well Your Mother Is Now An Angel In The Sky...

© 2011 WritersSoul


Author's Note

WritersSoul
A friend (not close) of mine had to visit her mother lately in the hospital, shes only 15 with a lil sister of 14 and father, she has just lost her mother yesterday :( My heart goes out to her and someone mentioned 'God takes the wrong people' and i thought, this world is an illusion of happiness :(

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is beautiful and how this question has haunted me for many years. I finally came up with a solution that helps me deal with losing people or when God takes the good away from us. I look at it as they were such great people on Earth that the Lord decided they deserve a place up in heaven, with Him. And even though we want them down here, we must accept that they have done their time here and have earned their place in heaven. The evil stay because God is giving them more time to turn their lives around, to find His light. It may seem unfair, but we all will eventually be together again.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I see the emotion for sure... But it didn't touch my soul like I wanted. Just giving you honesty so don't be mad at me. You are going to make something great that will change hearts one day. You have the spirit, now the only thing I needed more from was delivery... Once you do that... You'll surpass the elder masters of this art.. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Howdy,

I don't usually read poems they just don't seem to mean anything to me. So when I say I read your poem and it touched me, I am saying something significant.

Critique:
The heartache of a fellow friend,
Not close but I was once a good frined of hers.

friend is misspelled in the second sentence.

Her family is lost withouth that one person,
And now she grievs.

without has an extra 'h'.
grieves is missing an 'e'.

Other than that you have a pretty sound poem here.

On to the message of the poem it is a challenge for every person of faith to come to the understanding that the full battle is not what we see. Sometimes we see the reason for the loss and sometimes we don't. We have to have faith that God's plan was followed. We don't know what suffering she would have been in had she lived, we don't know so many things that surrounded her life or what evil she may have had to face had she lived. I don't know nor is any of that a comfort to the ones she left behind. Two things life has taught me is that we gain comfort from each other and we each owe a death from the moment we start breathing. It is clear from what happened that it was her time, and it is also clear that you offered what comfort you could with your poem.
Please understand that while I offer the explanation as something you may find comfort in after you reflect upon it, I am also demonstrating my faith in God in the face of possibly losing my 5 year old son. As you can see by the profile picture he is bald, which is due to cancer and radiation. This world is not an illusion of happiness unless that is all that you are looking for. It is a world of love and our ability to demonstrate it how happy we are becomes a factor of how well we can accept that love from the people around us. You held out love for your friend by writing this and while she may not have shown it at the time it will be something that she will remember long beyond your memory that you did. Several reviews that I read before writing this were extending love to you for your example to them. It is your example that caused me to write this and mirror the love you showed back to you.
While at the moment my son is cancer free due to the radiation there is still the moment last December when we were sitting in the doctors office when they told us that the cancer came back again and we had two choices. The first is that we could say as parents that he has been through enough treatment and try to enjoy the remaining time we have left. The second was that we could attempt radiation even though it has a low probability of success. Everyday I have to face my son or hear from him and realize that no matter what happens I had the chance to love him. I ask myself has it been enough? And my answer is always "No but if his suffering is more than he can handle then may God take him and shelter him in his love until I come."
Thank you for your love of your friend
Alan -- Renvek's dad and my pen name since before his birth.


Posted 9 Years Ago


Beautiful even though it's sad. Very relatable too! But we have to trust that Gos knows what's best!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It is hard to lose the people we love dear to us, but God always has a reason for taking them. He has a place in heaven for them and they now are safe under his wing. It helps me to think that our loved ones are in a better place now. Even though sometimes we feel that it is wrong we just have to have faith and just be thankfull they are safe and in amazing hands. This is a geat poem and I am sorry fo your friends loss.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Why does the Lord take the innocent,
And leave the evil on the Earth." Wow! You have a knack for poetry. Outstanding poem, indeed.


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sometimes i wonder the same thing in spanish theres ia an old saying that says" mal hierba nunca muera " which means weed never dies or something like th :P i would done the same for her too tell her how her mother is now an angel hope your friend feels better lovely write !:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awww...gosh, this poem made me feel a bit teary and a bit of strike of ache hits my heart while reading this. but yeah, it is life.. we have no control on what happens to us. We just live the most/best as we can at what life throws at us. It does sadden me to see good people die and all those bad/evil people continue to live.. not even paying for their deeds. Hmm..it's hard letting someone go.. especially when its death. I sure hope she is okay... and her mother RIP. I don't think I could take something like that very well. I'm so close to my own mother that the thought would shatter me... if I had to experience it when I'm in my state.. hmmm.. I've lost a grandpa last year.. I know the pain... it truely hurts. Losing someone especially a loved one... is heart-breaking.. to feel that cut in our own heart... is so...it makes me cry.. But death shouldn't be feared. We'll all go through it and our soul will find its way. It's just that death takes people in times when it's unexpected.... the loss of their time is what hurts. Not having enough time... is what I fear... but we all eventually accept death in our own way and time... we'll all meet up with our loved ones I'm sure someday. =)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is beautiful and how this question has haunted me for many years. I finally came up with a solution that helps me deal with losing people or when God takes the good away from us. I look at it as they were such great people on Earth that the Lord decided they deserve a place up in heaven, with Him. And even though we want them down here, we must accept that they have done their time here and have earned their place in heaven. The evil stay because God is giving them more time to turn their lives around, to find His light. It may seem unfair, but we all will eventually be together again.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is a beautiful poem, and needs a bit of editing. I saw a few mistakes.

I have experienced this. "God", or whoever is up there took the only real grandfather I had away from me. It was hard, but eventually you learn to move on. It was a very powerful poem.


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I know exactly how this feels. It seems to be this way, but at least they are with God in the end:) And, the bad people will get what they deserve.
Good job on this poem-it really made me think again about the person I lost. I'd like to believe that they are watching over us, always making sure we're okay.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1368 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 17, 2011
Last Updated on September 17, 2011

Author

WritersSoul
WritersSoul

South Shields, bloop, United Kingdom



About
I am Beth/Bethan/Terri-Beth as my friends like to call, and I'm 15, 29/04/96, and started writing when I was about 13..? And now I get depression really bad and do things I should'nt and thats why I w.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..