Chapter 3 Michael, You Saved Me

Chapter 3 Michael, You Saved Me

A Chapter by WritersSoul
"

Mrs Mullane is frisky with Daisy! Go Michael!!

"
I cleaned all the windows outside and I was so uneasy as Michael just watched from the porch. I was wondering why he was so kind to me, when all I am is nothing, yet he treats me equal.
         "You do a great job, yet your voice is way beautiful." I stopped streaking the glassy windows of the sudsy soap and just stood, awkward.
         "Thank you...?" I didn't know what else to say, but I just wanted to either get away from this guy who makes me want to grasp my own heart from beating to much, or talk to this person who treats me like I'm someone.
          I streaked a window and then on I was face to face with Mrs Mullane. I squeeked from the window and Michael came forward. He sighed heavily and said, "Be right back." He shone a beautiful smile at me, with gleaming white teeth and a perfect smile. I smiled after him, turned a little bit to see the scary looking Mullane.
          I seen the woman walk to the back door which was evenly 10 to 15 ft away from me, and Michael met her at the door, he smiled at me once more and he was inside the house.
          I looked behind me, and seen birds glide through the wheat fields, roaming the tall stalks and bushy tops, hearing them sing. The burning sun battered down on the grounds. The heat was getting more and more bad these days, sometimes little dust sweeps would blow about 12 ft in the air, none had ever gone any worse, but my daddy said it would.
         I heard steps come from the door, I smiled and turned to Mrs Mullane.
I gulped and made sure my smiled was banished from my face.
         She scanned the windows and put a smug smile on her face.
"At least you're good for something," She then returned to her frown which she gave me often. "I see you do your job properly, yet you mingle with my son, I do not pay you to fornicate around with my son!" She blasted at me. I sucked on my bottom lip and looked at her with huge eyes. "You people disgust me," She whispered. "You have no place on this planet, you don't belong here. Also, you don't fit right here, you won't ever get my boy, you got that, child?" She had a harsh and mean tone, I couldn't stand the way she was talking to me, and I just took it. 
           I nodded.
She raised from her crouching that was a little bit taller than my level.
           "Now, heres your pay." She handed over £5. I looked at her, I was supposed to get a £10.
           "Hey--" I was fastly interupted.
"Don't raise your voice at me, child!" I whimpered back like an injured dog. "Just who do you think you are?!" She came closer to me in a fast sweep, coming face to face with me. Her wrinkles sagged as she came closer, her eyes more piercing. "Talk to me like that and I'll call the police!" She huffed. "Right, I never want you back at my house, ever." She grabbed my dirty top and dragged me from the porch.
            My work stuff, still unpacked and still dripping wet were left on the porch as she got me to the door. "My tools!" She dragged me through the house, as I looked up to the grand staircase, I seen Michael, who was approaching the top of them. He looked startled.
             "Mother!" She stopped and looked at him. He was peeling away at the stairs 3-4 at a time and jumped from 6 steps away from the bottom and came swiftly to me, a little out of breath. He snapped away his mothers crooked fingers from my top and he pushed me behind him. For some reason, my pulse started to go crazy, I couldn't help but look at him in a daze.
             "Michael this has nothing to do with you!" She roared at him.
he clearly wasn't happy. "Mother," He talked softly, compared to his mothers fearless look.  "Diasy isn't someone you can lay a hand on, don't ever touch her like that again." He was defending me. As I predicted, Mrs Mullane's eyes grew even colder, and as I imagined, so was her hatred for me.
             She chuckled a scary laugh. "As if that child has a name." She started to laugh even more heartedly. "And what would you do, my son?" She glared at him.
             He just looked at her. She sort of snorted and looked back at his blank expression. "Fine," She slowly began. "However, taht child is not to come back to this house ever again." She waved a hand and climbed the stairs with her ruffled dress in her hands.
Michael turned to me and his face was filled with warmth, his smile sweet and welcoming. "I'm sorry." He dusted the place where his mothers fingers had been just moments ago. "She has a hard opinion on people who are different." He didn't say 'peeople like you.' I was suprised as people normally did.
              "It's fine," He didn't look convinced, secretly, neither did I.
"She is a rough woman, and mostly her opinion is supported, which is just disgusting."
              I was smiling since he was sticking up for me. I bent the money in my hand and he looked down. "How much were you supposed to be payed?" He asked delicately.
              "£10 But it's alright." I was about to turn until he grasped my arm.
He laid another £5 into my open palm.
              "I'm not like my mother." He smiled.



© 2011 WritersSoul


Author's Note

WritersSoul
Enjoy :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

you to fornicate around with my son!- WTF theyr'e not sleeping togehter! of course this might have another meaning, but i prefer saying fool around or something. or that's just me and my mind is going in a diffrent direction. i would be a bit creeped out by michael if i was doing my job and he was just watching and giving me compliments...how about a conversation? i like that he stuck up for her. his mom is...despicable.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

you to fornicate around with my son!- WTF theyr'e not sleeping togehter! of course this might have another meaning, but i prefer saying fool around or something. or that's just me and my mind is going in a diffrent direction. i would be a bit creeped out by michael if i was doing my job and he was just watching and giving me compliments...how about a conversation? i like that he stuck up for her. his mom is...despicable.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is sooo sweeet :)
but I expected him to give her more than 5 -.-
probably another 10? o_O
lol...anywayss =3
such a great story!!! :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Loving Michael and also Daisy for standing up to Mrs Mullane...who is so set in her mean ways. Can't wait to see what happens to the love growing between Daisy and Michael and how they will see each other again...very intersting indeed :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

289 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 24, 2011
Last Updated on September 24, 2011


Author

WritersSoul
WritersSoul

South Shields, bloop, United Kingdom



About
I am Beth/Bethan/Terri-Beth as my friends like to call, and I'm 15, 29/04/96, and started writing when I was about 13..? And now I get depression really bad and do things I should'nt and thats why I w.. more..

Writing