Torn and cut

Torn and cut

A Poem by Beth Wilcox
"

I want to get home to the place I am loved, why is it so hard?

"

When I walk down the halls, everyone just laughs.

People point and people stare.

 

They all want me to be aware that I'm hated, unwanted.

 

I scream but no one hears me.

I cry but no one can see.

 

I'm torn and cut.

Running through the forest through the dirt and thorns,

I trip and fall when I'm almost home.

 

I'm torn and cut.

 

All I want is to get home, to get where I'm loved.

 

I start crawling, hoping that I will make it in time.

Hopeing that I will make it before dark time.

 

Pulling me back through the thorns and dirt is the voices.

The voices telling me to die.

They ask me why I am still here and I stumble and cry because I hate having all these fears chase me.

 

I want to get home, but I'm so torn and cut.

 

I look at my wrist as the blood trickels down my arm, now what?

© 2011 Beth Wilcox


Author's Note

Beth Wilcox
I cried a little typing this, it had personal meaning.. So please excuse the mess ups.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is... great. I love it. I can tell how personal it is and you did an amazing job. It's very powerful.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The idea of your words is definitely meaningful, but your flow got a little crooked in spots. All through the poem, I felt the rush of adrenaline and emotion that you meant us to feel. That last question, "Now what?" is the perfect way to describe the hopelessness. Well said.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I have read several of your poems, and so far this is the one, which touches my heart best. Probably because I've been through the same misery.
I really like the way you use a question for the last row, what urges us to think through and read back the poem again.
Great poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


What a powerful write. I can feel the turmoil and fear in the author's voice, I can almost sense her tremble as she presses forward urgently to get home where she can rest. Very emotional writing. Thank you for sharing with us.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this sreams like thunder. great poem. hurts to read it. your images and descriptions are powerful!


Posted 13 Years Ago


I feel your pain all the way, feeling not wanted and kind of like an outcast, which is why I really liked this poem. I hope things are better for you because no one deserves this. Really deep poem with lots of emotion. I loved it

Posted 13 Years Ago


I agree, very powerful. You can really sense the emotion and that is great. Very nice write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Powerful

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

276 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 22, 2011
Last Updated on January 25, 2011
Tags: teen, love, blood

Author

Beth Wilcox
Beth Wilcox

West Alexandria, OH



About
About me? Well my name is Beth Wilcox for starters. I am a young writer. I have always found writing to be the best way to tell a story to someone. Whether it be poetry, lyrics, and more. I have start.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Carry On Carry On

A Chapter by Kenneth The Poet


Hypnodelica Hypnodelica

A Poem by Robin