I still wonder.

I still wonder.

A Story by Beth Wilcox

I still wonder if you ever think about me. If you ever look at me in the halls and want to run up and grab my hand like you used to. I still wonder sometimes what went wrong. I wonder on those cold, rainy days that never seem to end. I just lay there, you know? I just lay there and think about everything we had, and how quickly it went down the drain. I still remember the day you broke up with me, 13 days before our 2 and a half years. I still remember the pain, the crying, the anger, everything. We both knew our relationship wasn't healthy, we knew that. But we were posion for one another. Cruel, poison.

 

I still wonder how you could just throw everything away.. I don't understand. I gave you my virginity, I gave you everything I could. I did everything that you asked me to and I did everything that I possibly could to make you happy. I did everything that I possibly could..

 

I still wonder why you did it over a text message.. how you could be so low and just end everything after all that time over a TEXT MESSAGE. Why not call me? Why not do it in person? You know why you didn't? Because you couldn't have done that.. you couldn't have done it to me in person..

 

I still wonder how you could move on so quickly.. date one of my friends, tell me I'm nothng and that you don't care about me. How could you hurt me so badly? How could you just leave me and kick me on the ground like that? And walk away like nothing happened. You walked away so pleased, like you had accomplished everything you had ever wanted to accomplish.

 

I still wonder if you ever loved me. Or if everything was a total joke.. or if you used me. Because that's what I feel like. I feel like you used me. The whole joke was on me.Ha-ha.

 

I still wonder.

 

 

I wonder if you ever think these same things.

© 2011 Beth Wilcox


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Almost 2 1/2 years is a long time. I understand the disappointment in the story. Most of us will learn the hard way. Love need to be slow and easy. Don't give away your heart till you know for sure. Only proof of love is time together. A powerful and sad story. Wasn't a joke on the girl. When love is given. It was a gift. If wasted and tossed away. The person who walk away will pay sooner or later. I know as a fact. A excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 27, 2011
Last Updated on January 28, 2011

Author

Beth Wilcox
Beth Wilcox

West Alexandria, OH



About
About me? Well my name is Beth Wilcox for starters. I am a young writer. I have always found writing to be the best way to tell a story to someone. Whether it be poetry, lyrics, and more. I have start.. more..

Writing