Damn November

Damn November

A Poem by Beth Wilcox
"

My friend was in a car accident, paralized from the neck down.

"

It's early December, I hate damn November.

I hope you remember all the times spent together.

 

So I sit here alone,

trying not to moan and groan.

 

The times you hugged me

the memories of how you wanted us to be.

 

That terrible phone call,

warning us all.

 

Warning us that you might now make it,

I tried to convince myself it was all bullshit.

 

The tears and fears that I went through.

And I never once stopped to not think about you.

 

I prayed and lost sleep,

all day I did nothing but weep.

 

I want to go back in time,

I have nothing to ryhme.

 

I've said it all,

f**k that night I received that call.

 

Like you, I can't speak

My heart is growing weak.

 

 

 

© 2011 Beth Wilcox


Author's Note

Beth Wilcox
David Brubaker, I'm sure you can look up the accident somewhere, was in a car accident November 1st. He was speeding, and almost hit a tractor. Causing him to servce off the road and flip nearly 4 times. One of the boys in the car, was not wearing a seat belt, flew out. Unharmed. Just a few bruises and cuts. The boy who flew outs, brother, died.
David was in a comma. He is paralized. He is still one of us. He used to be like you and me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very sad, but well written.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really hope he heals. Until then keep writing. It's like medication.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very sad poem. Hard to understand pain and death when you are young. Your friend need positive and true friendship. It would be hell to lose control of your body. He is still the same. Will need a lot of strength and good friends to keep him on track. A powerful poem with a sad story.
Coyote


Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a really moving poem. All the pretense is set aside and the tangible emotion is conveyed powerfully. It is really unfortunate what happened and i wish the best to you and David.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It's hard to find peace when such tragedy befalls. I wish you and your friend David the possibility to inevitably find peace.

I find writing to be cathartic. Keep writing about it, perhaps that is the start...

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really like this its a great poem,you should make another one like this it is touching to like everyone that has reveiwed this poem.I love your writing it is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


f**k.
that sums up the most I can give. or a "f**k..." because i'd try and say somthing else but what do you say to heart?

"He is still one of us. He used to be like you and me." Take this out of the authors note and give it a spot in the poem. haunting

the call..and everything being predicated on that call and the power of "being there soon" is gruipping and enough to cut off the air pipe while reading..

bravo lady..this was top notch tears



Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
A
How tragic!! God I'm so sorry, I hope you're doing fine, I got really emotional due to the poem and note, my deepest, best wishes for your friend David
amazing piece, very touching and powerful, nice flow.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'm sorry. I hope your alright. You really do have a way with words.
My best wishes To David.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Immense. I'm really sorry about what happened.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

706 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 31, 2011
Last Updated on January 31, 2011

Author

Beth Wilcox
Beth Wilcox

West Alexandria, OH



About
About me? Well my name is Beth Wilcox for starters. I am a young writer. I have always found writing to be the best way to tell a story to someone. Whether it be poetry, lyrics, and more. I have start.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


B. Rye B. Rye

A Poem by Cats Eye