Daisies and Pinwheels

Daisies and Pinwheels

A Poem by Elizabeth



alone in the madness
on a blanket of yellow
I sit

in my dress
in a field

turning daisies into pinwheels

their little heads spinning
like lunatics
in the breeze

© 2013 Elizabeth


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Daisies are such lovely flowers! I like the idea of turning them into pinwheels like you describe here. The last stanza has a way of striking that deep cord that good poetry seems to always play. It has transported me to a field of flowers in my own remembrances. I'm reminded of William Carlos Williams here.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Elizabeth

10 Years Ago

Thank you for the compliment :)
Clockwork

10 Years Ago

You're welcome :-)



Reviews

Nice place and visions create by the good description. Title brought me to the poem and the words took me to good place. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


I thought this was a stark, whimsical and surreal insight into something, I'm not sure what. But that's enough for me, I'm happy to stay with the image and turn it over in my mind. Thanks for the poem.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Elizabeth

8 Years Ago

Insight into my dark imaginings, I suppose? Thanks again for your time.
Zugzwang

8 Years Ago

Yeah, I guess so!
But if an image is good enough, it can stand on it's own.
Yours does.. read more
A reflection of madness in nature. Great poem worth 100 easy. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


we're all alone in our madness.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Life works sometimes as a flower when you live freely in the world and think that you're free from stress. This poem's goodly expressed in the way of peace. I liked the imaginary and enjoyed the poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I don't know why but you remind me about my Winter Nights indeed by using this word "Blanket" i usually sit on the blanket with a cup of a tea and a book in winter... and enjoy the nights... misty nights. You've well penned here your this write. This write is such a great one.
It's really well written in yur own beautiful words. Great job once again!

Posted 10 Years Ago


beautiful beautiful beautiful

Posted 10 Years Ago


Had to relate this to myself. Felt like I was in my local park, jogging and trying to pretend that I'm not looking at the pretty lady sitting in the grass. I thought she was creating a daisy necklace like you might see in a sepia photo of a 'fresh' hippy in 1969. I'm pretending not to look, not looking, yes I am and the necklace is now a pinwheel and there are "little heads spinning" and the pinwheel itself is spinning, spinning towards me and now I'm not jogging, I'm sprinting away. Help!

Finely hued (as always) and the lines step off each other like in a dance. Thanks.

Posted 10 Years Ago


great rhythm and ideas. beautiful imagery.


Posted 10 Years Ago


Maniacal and twisted....I like your style!
CM.

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1328 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on May 23, 2013
Last Updated on May 23, 2013

Author

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Wonderland, TN



About
I am Alice through the looking glass...I mix my metaphors with barbiturates. I take my mania with a glass of milk and I rarely look before crossing the street. Walk a mile in my mary janes, friend. .. more..

Writing
Bones Bones

A Poem by Elizabeth



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..