Nameless

Nameless

A Poem by Elizabeth

It burns with incandescent fervor

a constant companion

it is nothing, it is silence, it is fear

I seek no end and no end finds me

Another moment, another second, another year


Standing at a bus stop camera in hand

always slightly out of focus

always a smudge on the lens


It is subdued with pharmaceutical serenity

It, it, it

always nameless

always mine

© 2010 Elizabeth


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

For me the "it" is that voice in my head that won't stop talking to me...the anxiety of of taking responsibility for my actions....whispering scary thought to me just before bed, and scarier ones after I am asleep. I so loved this. Not sure what your "it" is, but it has me thinking. Very well written.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i am cursed with nameless too...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Needs no name, has no name and shall receive no name. Beautifully written!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I didnt understand too much about this poem to be honest. I'm having a wild guess and saying that it has something to do with a finding an identity? Possibly? Maybe I'm just trying to read too deep into it and could be completely wrong, which I probably am.

Posted 13 Years Ago


oooo, a mysterious poem. (:
thought provoking. (:
i like it. xD

Posted 13 Years Ago


very nice! an enjoyable read that lets you think!

Posted 13 Years Ago


great poem, you should write a 2nd poem as a response to that.

Posted 13 Years Ago


awesome :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I guess, IT is nothing but our own "self"..

Posted 13 Years Ago


At first I really liked the ambiguity of this poem....At first I thought 'It' could stand for a lot of things given the context of this poem. Then I read it again and thought 'it' was way of trying to describe the struggle with the morality of human nature. making the poem less ambiguous.....Haha, then I read it again and finally settled on 'it' being those things in life that make life so difficult to deal with. Those things in life that we can never quit find closure within yet are always there. Even if I am off in my interpretation the thought this poem provoked within me is what makes it a good poem. Nice Work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Strong, dark, words evoking the hidden unidentifiable devils of anxiety that haunt the soul inexplicably.. IT is indeed like the IT in a horror story - unspeakable and indescribable... It is a product of nightmares, but it is a product of the mind. It shall remain nameless..because it has many names, many forms..but at the same time it has none, and it is nothing. Nothing but an uncontrollable doubt and fear that is intangible and inscrutable..
An intense piece of work on an intense and universal subject of darkness.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

647 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 2, 2010
Last Updated on June 2, 2010

Author

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Wonderland, TN



About
I am Alice through the looking glass...I mix my metaphors with barbiturates. I take my mania with a glass of milk and I rarely look before crossing the street. Walk a mile in my mary janes, friend. .. more..

Writing
Bones Bones

A Poem by Elizabeth



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..