Pain of invisible shelter...

Pain of invisible shelter...

A Poem by Bhavya Kaushik

 

 

  

 

 

 

PAIN OF INVISIBLE SHELTER...

 

Under the black sky and over this wicked land,

If you search then you'll also find my bruised skin.

Somewhere mixed with this multicolored sand,

As my existence is absent even in your farthest dream!!!

 

And now you're looking and wondering about me,

The unseen tears in my eyes caught your attention.

As they are deeper than the depth of any sea,

But yes, I'm still ready for my self exploitation!!!

 

Because I've a child who is continuously crying with hunger,

And I've nothing to give him except the salt in my tears.

To keep him alive I'm ready for even more struggle,

For that I'll not give you any expression of shame or fear!!!

 

I'm alone without any shelter facing this cold rain,

Is it my fate or have I been cursed with my destiny?

As for you I know I'm just a social pain,

But I'm not a pain; I'm not your enemy!!!

 

I live many lives each and every other day,

I often faced sleepless nights from unknown stress,

As I'm living my life like a bunch of dried hay,

But for you, I'm just a part of a dirty mess!!!

 

Oh! But stop …please don't cry for me,

As I know I'm unhealthy for your eyes to see.

But now I'm crying and you are laughing at me,

As this invisible shelter is my only home and will always be....

 

 

© 2009 Bhavya Kaushik


Author's Note

Bhavya Kaushik
This is a kind of different write from my other writings...
Yesterday only I saw a documentary on national geography about poverty.. So, that documentary actually inspired me to write this one! :)

[Special thanks to Caffeine for her valuable suggestion :) ]

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is heart breaking. Even in the US we have those that are starving so it is far more wide spread than the third world countries, though I know the suffering is greater in these. One would have to be cold hearted not to be moved by this write. Each one of us have a responsibility to do something...to do our part. I use to have a special account for alms, and this write tugged upon my heart to start filling it once again. Sometimes we need these little reminders...:-) Blessings!

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is really so inspiring , a true eye opener

Posted 15 Years Ago


so painfully true, so tragically beautiful and expressive!! I had seen this heart-rending photograph a couple of years back and felt the pain, the brutal shock behind the picture that made me almost dumb with grief, and today your poem brought back that dumb-founded pain in a more hard-hitting way! The lines are profound, shocking, intensely honest and bitterly true...What to say! Only the eyes that can see the pain, the heart that can harbour the trauma, the soul that can shelter the stress, shame, fear, curse and exploitation of the human child can come up with lines like these! Kudos for the awesome work!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is really really very nice, Simply awesome! I never thought of world like this and now I will try to do something for underprivileged people.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This poem is powerful, and so reaches out to touch the heart.
Hunger is something that goes on everyday, and money is supposedly
being given, but sometimes you have to wonder with all the greed in
the world today. The pictures you added, really captured the essence of
your words. AD

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good job, I wrote a poem similiar to this about Darfur. You know it really upset me just about 2 weeks ago I was talking about helping people in third world countries and someone basically said I was an idiot and that it was their own fault. So I'm glad to see someone else has compassion for someone other than themselves. Good job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Lia
Really great piece, strong and upsetting. Well done x

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So true point noted and shedded light upon! I'm extremely sorry for taking so damn time long to get over here. This one is great. This kind of concept are now also shown in varios music videos by different. The Video by Linkin Park on What I've done talks on the same lines almost.

You have done some true write on the homless and the poor. This is an truly extraodrinary write.

~KA~

Posted 15 Years Ago


I wrote about the tragedy in Darfur as well. This is very well written...and really shows the tragedy....

My good friend posted this information, and I'd like to share with your readers if you don't mind.

On 27 February 2007, the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC) communicated the names of the first two people accused of crimes in Darfur: Ali Kushayb and Ahmad Mohammed Harun.

According to the Prosecutor, there are reasonable grounds to believe that the two men committed war crimes and crimes against humanity, notably murder, rape and torture, between August 2003 and March 2004.

On 2 May 2007 the ICC judges issued their first arrest warrants against Kushayb and Harun.

On 19 September 2007 Interpol issued a Red Notice against Harun and Kushayb. While a red notice does not constitute an international arrest warrant, it allows the warrant to be circulated worldwide with the request that the wanted person be arrested with a view to extradition.

On 1 October 2007 the Sudanese government disclosed that Kushayb, who was believed to have been held in custody since November for what the government described as "suspicion of violating Sudanese laws" and for criminal acts in Darfur, was released from detention.

Sudan's foreign minister declared that Kushayb was released due to lack of evidence against him and reiterated that Sudan is not party to the ICC and as such has no obligation to cooperate with it.

We can only pray for justice to eventually be done some day!

God's Blessing
Phillozofee

Posted 15 Years Ago


I believe you have been given a gift. A way of expressing and turning eyes to see what must be seen - what so many look away from.
Your ability to evoke empathy and compassion is deeply felt by all who read your words. I am so grateful to Tom for bringing this poem to my attention. The lines:

"Oh! But stop �please don't cry for me,
As I know I'm unhealthy for your eyes to see."

speaks so directly and I encourage this type of "in your face" writing, even though some may feel it is too strong.
I do not. I suggest that if this is difficult to read, imagine what it is like to live and die like this.

I think Albert Einstein was right when he said: "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." I applaud you for using your gift to craft this incredible poem. It is my heartfelt hope that your powerful words will lessen the number of people who don't do anything about it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! This one hits you "between the eyes!" Very powerful. I have sent a read request to Lily1111, as it may be suitable for her "calling all angels contest," even though it's about the Sudan before the genocide officially started, I believe.

The contest is about the genocide in Darfur.

Tom

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1546 Views
34 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on April 15, 2008
Last Updated on January 8, 2009

Author

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik

India



About
National bestselling author of the novel, The Other Side of the Bed. You can place an order here: tinyurl.com/tosotb (flipkart) or can download it on your kindle from here: tinyurl.com/tosotbamazon .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..