Four Seasons and ME

Four Seasons and ME

A Poem by Bhavya Kaushik

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Four Seasons and ME

 

 

 

I saw you crying, I saw you dying,

I saw the bleeding of your heart with time.

I'm the season of autumn qualifying every death,

From my wrath you were never safe or left.

I caused every dead leaf to fall from their place,

And I followed them till your heart's grave.

 

 

I saw you crying, I saw you dying,

I saw the bleeding of your heart with time.

I'm the season of spring giving smile to every face,

Alas! I only left you to wait and gaze.

The wait for the next season to come,

Sorry! But without wiping your tears I need to run.

 

 

I saw you crying, I saw you dying,

I saw the bleeding of your heart with time.

I'm the season of summer with sun as my weapon,

I came to burn your heart in my cauldron.

And caused your heart to suffer with terrible famine,

I wrote a sad song for you but with beautiful rhyme.

 

 

I saw you crying, I saw you dying,

I saw the bleeding of your heart with time.

I'm the season of winter falling snow everywhere,

About you pain and sorrow…oh! I don't care.

I came to entirely ruin your life,

And I finally turned your heart into a piece of ice.

 

 

 

 

 

Oh! I waited for a new beginning with every season,

But they attacked me with their deadly weapon.

I searched for a reason to smile once again,

As every changing season had only increased my pain.

My heart was empty and thirsty for some rain.

This feel to live with a dead heart I can't explain.

I just cried, and finally I died,

For my words gave no answer to passage of time.

 

 

© 2009 Bhavya Kaushik


Author's Note

Bhavya Kaushik
It's about the passage of four seasons and their effect on me.... The last stanza is my reply for them! :) :)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Outstanding.

Great piece of poetry, ending in tragedy.Just the way I like it.

They say - different seasons come with different moods and life changes. But what about those who carry the same season in their heart - hopelessness and despair...
If you're feeling empty and forlorn from within, even the brightest of seasons and the most colorful festival cannot bring you happiness.

Just when I think I've read your best piece, you follow it up with something even better.
And as usual, you've teamed up your words with an appropriate picture.
Well done, Bhavya.

Posted 15 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

this poem is definitely a "WOW"
its amazing..
the way you have elaborated on every season and its effect on you and your pain is awesome.. specially, the season "winter" it was amazing.. heart wrenching and true too..

but one suggestion:
"My heart was empty and thirsty for some rain.
This feel to live with a dead heart I can't explain."

shouldnt it be: - ?
"My heart was empty and thirsty for some rain.
This FEELING to live with a dead heart I can't explain." ....??

just check it out!

well, i certainly loved this piece of creation and it again goes in my favs!!! :)

Regards,
Poetic Soul

Posted 15 Years Ago


This one is really speaking a lot in volume.
so sad.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I always used to think that our feeling gets change after every season . As after every winter there is spring. But what when every season brings that same coldness in our life. So thoughtful!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Indeed~ Love is not a weapon...for if Love is True...to hurt another would hurt you! Great work! sorry about hte heart ache!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh, when I stumbled across this poem, I went for a fresh cup of coffee to savor and enjoy along with your words. My review already forming in my head with anticipation. Naturally, you changed the direction of my response. The coffee is still coffee, but now mixed with the flavor of salty tears. I get it. So, totally have been in that place of despair where each season brings false promise. Strangely enough even after finding healing in its stead is some new, deep, indescribable pain that makes me say what is this. Never have I experienced this before now. Made it all the way to the last stanza without breaking down. You, you always manage to pull the emotion out of me. Loved how you used each season's weapon to prove your point. Who can find anything wrong with spring? New life, right? Well, it just mocked you...brilliant! As always your presentation adds to your work; however, what makes it excellent is your skill of writing. This one is going in my favorites.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I must say all poems are my favorites. You write beautifully. Thank you for sharing. Debileah

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ingenious concept, I admire it. the way you have made the comparisons with season is really amazing. but why so melancholic? why so painful? it t hurts to me more maybe because I seek serenity in the arms of nature when I feel depressed. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the whole poem and must give you credit for your innovative concept and appropriate composition.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love how you used the seasons to get your message across in this poem. It's so well written.
Sometimes, time can heal us from our pain, yet sometimes it increases our burdens.

Great write!

R

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is a true writing came from the heart of a very true person. Very heart aching and sad! You are a master of writing poems like this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I really feel sorry for your loss but I agree that there are certain things in life which even time can not erase and heart ache is one of those feel. Beautiful write

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

776 Views
20 Reviews
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on May 6, 2008
Last Updated on January 8, 2009

Author

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik

India



About
National bestselling author of the novel, The Other Side of the Bed. You can place an order here: tinyurl.com/tosotb (flipkart) or can download it on your kindle from here: tinyurl.com/tosotbamazon .. more..

Writing