I would be good...

I would be good...

A Story by Bhavya Kaushik

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

 

 

I would be good…

 

 

Once in everyone's life a time comes which breaks each and every part of us and then it depends upon every individual, whether to stick with that pain or to move on with those hard memories. The irony is that no matter whichever path we will choose it won't bring us back to our past. I know that I have moved on but I'm still living with my memories which won't leave me alone till the very end of my life and there is nothing more which I want from my god except that….

 

But somewhere in my heart I silently wish for my past to be my future. Often in silence I close my eyes to remember you and how much we were in love. Everytime when I think about you I feel myself more close to you and feel your presence here with me. I feel your soul with me everywhere I go….You are the first thought which comes in my mind at early morning and you are the only one which passes across my heart at night. You are still my companion in the walk of my life, you are its path and you are still my life's only destination. You are everywhere around me and within me…

 

People who say that they don't cry after the death of their loved ones are surely liars, there is just nothing worst in this world than to miss your love, it is just like missing yourself. Everytime whenever I see your photograph or cross your home or go to your tombstone, I cry….I cry a lot for you. No one on this world can miss you the way I do, your death have created such a vacuum in my life which is impossible to be filled again.

 

I would be a fake if I will say that I'm not sad, I'm surely sad… I'm sad like ocean shores empty of bathers, sad like the first leaf falling from an evergreen tree in the midst of autumn. I'm sad like a teardrop falling with inevitable pain, sad like a heart broken into thousand pieces. I'm sad like a person watching sunset hoping for the last ray of light to fall, sad like a wish which never got fulfilled. I'm sad like books with torn pages, sad like frozen lips trying to utter the last words of life. I'm sad like unfinished stories…. And where would I go with this much of sadness yet to live alone…

 

 

After when you left me, everyone thought that I will never come out of the shock. A lot of people used to come to me just to say things like – "Everything would be fine" or "Time will heal this wound" but still my wound remain unhealed….My friends tried their best to help me but nothing worked out. Then one day, I just sat with my pen to write and then continued to write. I don't know how or why but I began to feel good everytime after I write something. Now I have captured my sorrow and I won't allow it to flow like I did before….

 

Yesterday my best friend came to my home and there is just one thing which she said that I still remember, it was like – "Bhavya!  I don't know what but there was something missing in you from about more than a year and not only me but everyone thought that we will never have our Bhavya back but you know what! Today I can see that fire, that spark in your eyes again… I can see that spirit again in you…welcome back!"

Yet I know that I'm still not what I used to be but still atlast I'm happy and I have moved on…I have grown a lot throughout this year, as a person , as a writer and as an individual.

 

I have already learned a lot from this life and I have no complains from it. Since once in everyone's life a time comes which changes each and every part of us and then it depends upon every individual, whether to stick with that pain or to move on with those hard memories and I'm glad that I have finally moved on… ...

 

 

 

 

© 2009 Bhavya Kaushik


Author's Note

Bhavya Kaushik
I actually have no idea that how this piece came to my mind....This basically describes for whatever I went through and finally came to...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'm always left with this emotion that just makes me say "Wow". In so many ways, this piece touched me. From the language you used to the relations you write of. It's truly a great thing you've got that spark back. The pain and journeys I've read out of your work, show me just how strongly you've been feeling. However, this piece, I'm happy to say, has such a positive view. The ending was perfect... how you quoted your friend. Right after that, you showed us hope. You showed us you can really change things... you just have to put some heart into it ;) Thanks for another great read Bhavya :)

-Austin

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This piece has opened up woulds that have barely crusted over. I too have an understanding of how losing someone close can completely break you. This is so raw and powerful, it took me several attempts to read it. Well done. You have warmed my heart

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is so moving and brought tears to my eyes. Loss is just so hard and your love for her so strong. I am so glad that the spark is back in your eyes. Beautifully written and heartfelt.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is such a moving story Bhavya! Your words flow so naturally ...your feelings and the way you describe your journey so far is written so flawlessly... Of course you can not forget the memories that you have about your special companion and that will stay with you as you grow, mature and continue to follow your journey in this life. But as far as I can understand in your writing, you are already growing and learning how to deal with the impact that your soul mate had in your life ... she is still there ... and you still have to fulfill your own journey dear friend.
Salam

Nassira

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I seem to be reviewing pieces that make me cry today, my friend.

So she left you then died? Am I understanding this situation correctly? If I am correct, you were forced to deal with a double loss. I know how difficult it must have been, for I can deeply relate to your pain.

You are right though; somehow, some way, we must develop a way to cope, and I'm glad that you finally have come to terms with it and moved on. You know Bhavya, I wish I could say that you'll love as deeply again someday, but I would be lying because life doesn't always happen that way. You might, but you might not. Sometimes there's just that one love of a lifetime. I'm sorry if I'm depressing you.....really, I am.

I know I was more positive in prior reviews concerning your loss, but I've changed my mind. I guess life changed my mind........

You know what? I just realized by reviewing you how change can occur through writing. I guess we can then surmise that we have the ability to change, change again, and again.....on and on. Yes?

God Bless You, my tender friend. My wish is that you discover that second love of a lifetime. You touched my soul with this one.
X

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Yes Bhavya, you may not be the same person anymore and you need not try also
the important part is that you have accepted yourself for who you are and have started walking on a new path.
i am sure you believe in God, and He will guide you like a father and mother guide their kids...


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is wonderful. It reads like narrative poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This seems like an essay more than a story, but it shows a lot of insight. It shows a lot of deep reflection, which is essential to any writer. If you want to make it a story try adding dialogue, but, honestly, it seems pretty good the way it is.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

The flow of emotions is quite splendid...The continuity and build up of paragraphs till the end is frankly amazing......

But the thing that strike me most was that it was straight from the heart. Words coming from heart are always pure...

you will surely conquer new heights dear, amazing talent at such a young age (just passed your teens) ........
Frankly, i am speechless....

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This was a beutiful peice

deep minded and very strong emotion flowing though each line

great job :]

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I'm always left with this emotion that just makes me say "Wow". In so many ways, this piece touched me. From the language you used to the relations you write of. It's truly a great thing you've got that spark back. The pain and journeys I've read out of your work, show me just how strongly you've been feeling. However, this piece, I'm happy to say, has such a positive view. The ending was perfect... how you quoted your friend. Right after that, you showed us hope. You showed us you can really change things... you just have to put some heart into it ;) Thanks for another great read Bhavya :)

-Austin

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1055 Views
19 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on February 15, 2009
Last Updated on July 5, 2009

Author

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik

India



About
National bestselling author of the novel, The Other Side of the Bed. You can place an order here: tinyurl.com/tosotb (flipkart) or can download it on your kindle from here: tinyurl.com/tosotbamazon .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..