14th February' 1996

14th February' 1996

A Chapter by Bhavya Kaushik

 

 

 

 

 

......

 

 

CHAPTER - 2

 

 

14th February' 1996

 

Dear Diary

 

Yes, it was valentines day today…the day of love, and no wonder why there was such an atmosphere of love all over the city and at school too.

Two years have been passed now and I didn't even realize how fast time could ever pass like this.

In these two years, I made a lot of friends, few of them really came very close to me and shared every piece of me but none of them became as close as Natasha. She was the first person who became my friend at school when I was new here, she taught me everything and most importantly, she taught me how to fall in love with someone...

 

She is my "Best friend" now and she is the only person who could see underneath me for who I am in reality. But, I wonder that she still don't know how much I love her. I could tell her any day and at anytime how much I love her but I don't know what will she say, I really have no idea that will she love me back or not…she could even hate me for loving her and then I could lose my best friend…I never ever had a friend like her in my life and now when finally I have, I just can't afford to lose her…

 

Tina, a friend of both me and Natasha threw a huge party since it was her birthday today (how lucky she is to have her birthday on 14th February). Well, anyways I decided that I won't go because I really don't like social gatherings and fancy parties like that but then Natasha called me and forced me to come and like always, I agreed…because I can never ever in my life say "no" to Natasha.

 

But both, me and Natasha were shocked as soon as we entered the party. There were some thousands red heart shaped balloons there and chocolates and everything red, yes…the theme of the party was "Valentine's day". Then Tina came with a huge smile on her face and asked us about the theme. We both just gave each other a look and left with nothing than a lie to tell to Tina that how lovely we both thought the theme of "Valentine's day" for a birthday party is.

 

But later on, I realized that it was something very good about that theme. As the music turned on, everyone started dancing with their partners whereas I and Natasha were just sitting, talking about the school and other stuff. Suddenly, I don't know what happened to her that she just jumped off from her seat and offered me to dance (Offered "ME" to dance!!!!) and I without any second thought said that "I don't dance", but then again she insisted me that she really want to dance and she don't know anyone else so I was left with nothing than to say a "Yes" with a big smile (Because, I can never say "NO" to Natasha)

 

Then while we were dancing I realized how stupid was I to even think of refusing her to dance with me. Because, this was exactly what I always wanted to do, to dance with Natasha on Valentine's Day was my dream and it was just like a dream coming true for me.

She was looking amazingly beautiful in that red dress and her blue eyes were shimmering bright; they were deeper than any ocean and were forcing me to sink in love with her. Her dense black hair never complimented her beauty more and while we were dancing I was looking at nothing but her eyes and it was only her thoughts that were going across my mind.

 

We danced all night long together and I thought of letting her know how much I love her. Once, while dancing on one of her favorite songs I really thought of going down on my knees to propose her but I didn't.

I don't know, may be I was feeling shy or may be I was afraid from the thought of her refusal….whatever it was, it forced me to not to let her know tonight what I was feeling for her. I was just too busy in enjoying that moment with her, which I always hoped for…

 

 

 

Then after an hour, we thought of leaving the party and decided to walk to our homes As we were walking in silence, she asked me something very strange , she said that – " What do you think, will someone ever love me" and I found it so very hard to answer this question, I just thought of answering that she need not to worry over that because I'm already in mad love with her, but after controlling my emotions, I only said to her that – "There would only be an idiot in this world who won't love you"

 

We both smiled over that and finally her home came. She thanked me for coming and said "Good night", I did the same and left her place…Meanwhile I thought about the party and her question. What was the reason behind asking that question, does she feel the same emotion for me as I do or was she was referring to someone else?

 

But whatsoever it is, I thanked my God greatly tonight, for making this Valentine's Day the most memorable day of my life and for giving me that chance to dance with her. I always dreamed about dancing with her on a day like that and I was finding it hard to believe that I actually danced with her in reality and not in my dreams.

 

It's really late night now and I should better go to sleep but I just can't stop thinking about the day and Natasha. It was just the best Valentine's Day that ever I had….

 

 

Good Night!

 

 

 

 



© 2009 Bhavya Kaushik


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I agree with Blue Rose.. I read it twice already...

I posted a really long comment for the previous chapter and I am scared you may rebuke me for that ( :D )soo, I'll make it short this time..

Again with that intense air... I also cant stop thinking I am reading someone's private diary. I even felt guilty for a moment.

Your descriptions are JUST amazing. There is such blance in your work that it feels like flying.
Also I can relate to that falling in love with the best friend part... so... very well written.


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I agree with Blue Rose.. I read it twice already...

I posted a really long comment for the previous chapter and I am scared you may rebuke me for that ( :D )soo, I'll make it short this time..

Again with that intense air... I also cant stop thinking I am reading someone's private diary. I even felt guilty for a moment.

Your descriptions are JUST amazing. There is such blance in your work that it feels like flying.
Also I can relate to that falling in love with the best friend part... so... very well written.


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WHat a beautifully written chapter. It is so beautiful that I could read it over and over again. Can't wait to read more.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very very very beautifully written, painted like a picture.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A! This was again beautiful

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The detailing and description here is simply beautiful

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Valentines day is surely a special day and Kieth could not have get anything better in his destiny.
But he should better tell Natasha how much he loves her

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1064 Views
6 Reviews
Added on April 13, 2009
Last Updated on September 16, 2009


Author

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik

India



About
National bestselling author of the novel, The Other Side of the Bed. You can place an order here: tinyurl.com/tosotb (flipkart) or can download it on your kindle from here: tinyurl.com/tosotbamazon .. more..

Writing