14th January ' 2009

14th January ' 2009

A Chapter by Bhavya Kaushik

 

 

 


 

..

 

 

CHAPTER - 7

 

14th January' 2009

 

 

Dear Diary

 

 

Today an incident happened with me which changed the direction of my life forever. The day started like any other day and it gave me no clue that something so shocking will happen today. While I was in my office, doing my regular work…a call came from Jenny (Natasha's sister). She was indeed very friendly with me till the time of my college but after that I didn't stay in touch with her. So her call was really a kind of surprise to me.

 

She then told me something which forced me to burst into tears and to curse God for being so cruel. In her unstable voice she told me about how Natasha faced an accident today morning while she was going to her job and then she told me about her critical condition and how doctors said that they don't think so that Natasha will be going to survive and that’s why  Jenny actually called me…

 

Thus, without wasting even a second I rushed to the hospital. While I was rushing from my desk to the parking lot everyone asked me the reason for which I was running like that, but I didn't had enough time to let them know the reason…

I then jumped into my car and drove as fast as I could to the hospital. I parked my car and ran as fast as I could to the reception desk. While I was enquiring about Natasha from the receptionist, Jenny saw me talking to the receptionist.

 

She then told me about Natasha, we both then stood outside her ward and I saw her. She was resting at the bed so silently and it seemed as if an entire cloud of stillness had caged her. There were all different kind of tubes which were injected into her sensitive skin and it felt as if all of her petals of life were gradually getting perforated by the thorns of those injections and tubes…

 

Then her doctor came and told both of us to wait while he will perform a very major and serious operation. We went into a corridor and waited there for around two hours. While the operation was taking place, both of us were continuously walking around that corridor…

 

After some time, the doctor came out from the operating room and told both of us that even though they tried very hard but in the end, they lost everything and how Natasha failed to survive…Yes, Natasha demised…

 

 That news shattered each and every part of me and Jenny. I sat there and cried for hours. After sometime, when I came back into my senses I saw Jenny who equally cried as much as I did, I sat near her and then she told me about something very special about Natasha…

 

She told me that at Natasha's wedding she gave Jenny a diary which she was writing from a very long time and she told Jenny not to read that diary by herself but to give that diary to me, in case if anything will happen with her in future.

 

This was surely not something which any of us wanted to talk about at that time but I don't know why Jenny was so keen to give me Natasha's diary. So, both of us went to her place and she handled me a beautiful diary, Natasha's diary which she was writing from her school time.

 

After I came home, I sat silently in one corner wondering about Natasha and her diary. Why did she told Jenny to give me that diary and why not anyone else. I mean I was finding it hard to believe that Natasha wasn't alive anymore and how I have her diary only to let me know about her feelings.

 

So, after all those thoughts, I opened her diary and started reading it. I cried while reading each and every page of it. Every page, every sentence, every word felt so close and so much real as if she was sitting next to me, narrating everything…

 

Her diary really changed my life and the way I looked my life till date. It revealed the real Natasha, whom I never knew at all…It helped me to explore a different and a real Natasha.

 

 

These are some of the pages of her diary….

 

  



© 2009 Bhavya Kaushik


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

...........................................

You are the God in this story... And you killed her. I cant believe they didnt even kiss... once! Oh I am soo sorry for Keith!

Again with hell of a writing... *applauds*

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I went into tears after reading this..Its terribly sad!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

After reading the previous chapter I thought that now you will start a new love story of Natasha and Keith. But, I was wrong since this unthinkable incident happened.
Very well written. The plot is mind blowing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was so sad and devastating.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Its heartbreaking to read something like this. It doesn't matter how strong you love someone but that can soon be converted into the finality of death...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OMG! Why...
Why...I mean, how can Natasha die. It is so sad.
In between, it has been written very well.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

861 Views
6 Reviews
Added on April 23, 2009
Last Updated on September 16, 2009


Author

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik

India



About
National bestselling author of the novel, The Other Side of the Bed. You can place an order here: tinyurl.com/tosotb (flipkart) or can download it on your kindle from here: tinyurl.com/tosotbamazon .. more..

Writing