My October....

My October....

A Story by Bhavya Kaushik
"

Pages from my diary :)

"

 

 

..

 

 

My October…

 

 

7th October, 2006

 

I opened my eyes with the smell of fresh ammonia in the waiting lounge of ICU ward of the Apollo hospital. It was around 1’o clock in the afternoon and I already lost all of my senses at that point of time. I was totally unaware about the time when I last slept or the last time when I went to my home. Since, my entire mind was concentrating on one person who was fighting with death in that ICU ward. My heart was constantly praying for her and my eyes were continuously staring at her beautiful face across the glass wall of the ward.

 

I never actually thought of loving someone like this. But I changed all of my plans with my life after I met her. When her eyes met mine, I realized that I was inevitably in love with her. But now, my love was lying down in front of my eyes, fighting with the immortal bereavement.

 

The worst thing in this world is not at all when the person whom you love doesn’t love you back. But, it’s to see the love of your existence dying in front of your eyes and that too so helplessly…

 

I went back to my home after sometime and then decided to have a shower. As I was standing barely unprotected under the shower, I could feel the intensity of every drop hitting my bruised and wounded soul. I looked at the mirror and I was unable to recognize my own reflection. My smile was totally vanished and my eyes were bursting red saturated by tears.

 

I was lost…lost without my love…my existence...

 

 __________________________________________

 

 

7th October, 2009

 

Three years before this day, I realized that “the love of my existence” won’t be able to live anymore with me on this mortal world.

I was right…

On 24th December, 2006- she breathed her last breath.

 

It has been entirely three years now and life really changed me a lot. It taught me that, it doesn’t matter that with how much passion you love someone but at one day…they can leave out of your life forever. This life also taught me that sometimes our love can meet the finality of death and into a new beginning of life.

 

Today, I was standing at a different city, with totally different people surrounding me from everywhere. It was the inauguration of a new sport complex of my institution and obviously I was the one who was least interested in attending that ceremony. The reason is not that I don’t like places or any celebrations like that. But I genuinely do not like myself being surrounded by people from everywhere or … maybe; I’m still not able to stand on my own in a crowd. Because, this somehow reminds me of her…I imagine her running towards me crossing everyone from the crowd. But, as soon as I realize the reality…I was not able to stand on my own legs.

 

So, I informed a very supportive senior that I would be leaving that place. He didn’t ask me any reason and that was really very kind of him. I left that place immediately and came back to the college and started talking with some friends (obviously, to distract my mind). The day passed by somehow and I thanked god to prevent the out-bursting of my emotions.

 

When I came back to my home, I went to have a shower. Each and every drop was hitting me with a greater intensity than the previous one. I sat down and folded my hands through my body, trying to hold on each and every piece of mine to not to shatter again. But then, I looked back again at the mirror. It’s been completely three years now…and I was still not able to recognize myself. I tried to hold on my pieces but that became impossible for me.

 

Thus…today, I did something which I didn’t do in this past entire year.

 

With my red and conflicted eyes buried with sadness, I cried…

 

I cried my eyes out for you…The love of my existence, my immortal….

 

© 2009 Bhavya Kaushik


Author's Note

Bhavya Kaushik
This is a part of my diary from both days...
And I do not know why have I written this or why have I posted it here...
It doesn't make any sense I guess...or does it??
I don't know anything right now...because I'm not even making any sense of myself...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The cleansing took place in both instances.....quite symbolic. Oh, yes, it does make perfect sense. You held back the tears for as long as you could.... But tears as powerful as yours eventually manifest themselves.
Similarly, not recognizing your own reflection makes sense. After trauma, we change.....

My dear friend, you write of this beautiful girl that has touched your world as no one else. Although it didn't last, consider yourself lucky to have experienced that deep, deep love. And she loved you back. She always be a part of you as I'm sure you already know.

Thank you for sharing this very intimate part of your life. You're truly a special young man, and I am honored to know you, Bhavya...



Posted 14 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This was so heart touching man and so beautiful. I should admit to you that I cried after reading this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I like this. Its a good form of therapy. After losing someone very dear it takes a long time to recuperate. Three years... you should still be grieving in my book.

Posted 14 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

The cleansing took place in both instances.....quite symbolic. Oh, yes, it does make perfect sense. You held back the tears for as long as you could.... But tears as powerful as yours eventually manifest themselves.
Similarly, not recognizing your own reflection makes sense. After trauma, we change.....

My dear friend, you write of this beautiful girl that has touched your world as no one else. Although it didn't last, consider yourself lucky to have experienced that deep, deep love. And she loved you back. She always be a part of you as I'm sure you already know.

Thank you for sharing this very intimate part of your life. You're truly a special young man, and I am honored to know you, Bhavya...



Posted 14 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

Wow! Such emotion and so heartfelt.
You express your feelinsg so well.
I can feel your pain you are expressing.
You also express yourself well.


Posted 14 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

This is actually quite beautiful, I have to admit I teared up while reading. All though it is unthinkable and a heartaching reality it is beautiful how much you love her. It makes plenty of sense, you want to remember her, even though it hurts to you want to. She was part of your life and like you said your existence and everybody should be remembered and thought of when they are no longer with us. It's easy to say that time will heal all wounds, but who can really say that. I do know that crying helps and I hope it helped you.

Thanks for sharing. =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

it makes a lot more sense than you think, my dear Bhavya. though time has passed since the passing of your love, there are times that she still comes to your mind. either from places you had been together, a song, or event...there is nothing wrong with thinking about her, for she will always be with you in your heart.

sometimes, no matter where we go or what we become, the memories of the past come back to us. it is not important to mourn the loss, but to remember what they once meant to us. i hope that the tears helped.

take care, hun...

Amanda

Posted 14 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2279 Views
36 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 7, 2009
Last Updated on October 9, 2009

Author

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik

India



About
National bestselling author of the novel, The Other Side of the Bed. You can place an order here: tinyurl.com/tosotb (flipkart) or can download it on your kindle from here: tinyurl.com/tosotbamazon .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..