Labyrinth

Labyrinth

A Poem by Bhavya Kaushik
"

Tetractys, A Tetractys is an age-old English form of writing poetry which was created by the late English poet Ray Stebbings. It is basically a five-line poem of 20 syllables with a title.

"

Labyrinth (Mirror Tetractys)

 

 

 

Love,

You left

Without me

To the unknown.

Leaving me behind in an obscure town!

 

Here I’m haunted by daemons of our past.

So…come back soon.

Stop me to

Become

-Me.




© 2012 Bhavya Kaushik


Author's Note

Bhavya Kaushik
Tetractys is an age-old English form of writing poetry which was created by the late English poet Ray Stebbings. It is basically a five-line poem of 20 syllables with a title, arranged in the following order: 1,2,3,4,10.
Whereas, a Mirror Tetractys is a form with two 5-line stanzas consisting of a simple Tetractys followed by a reverse Tetractys. Thus, it should have a syllabus count of: 1-2-3-4-10 : 10-4-3-2-1 :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I kinda see form as a restriction that one can set themselves. It means it's easier to fail, but when successful can be all the more impressive according to a specific standard (easily comparable etc.) I think you've done very well, I look forward to reading more of you, and perhaps to learn more about form through your skill.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Bhavya Kaushik

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
pal
Beautifully written and brief to get the point. Keep it in.
Pal

Posted 3 Years Ago


Fabulously written this Tetractys. "Stop me to become - me" that shows the fear and insecurity in a person. Lovely it is.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Simply amazing, Love your writes they are very good

Posted 6 Years Ago


this is a wonderful poem...i loved it!

Posted 6 Years Ago


I really liked this poem...and yes I am happy I got to know something new (tetracysts)you said in your interview that you were 15 years old when you gave your novel to publication house... And I am 15 year old and am thinking to do the same.... But I need someone's help...Will you help me?????
Keep on writing....

Posted 7 Years Ago


i liked this, simple & sincere

Posted 8 Years Ago


an incomplete story with heart touching words

Posted 8 Years Ago


Do you mean daemon or demon?

Posted 8 Years Ago


I like this poem. Short and simple. I like how you end it with just - me.

Posted 8 Years Ago


A simple message conveyed in a short piece. Well written brother :)

Posted 8 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3798 Views
52 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 1, 2012
Last Updated on June 1, 2012

Author

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik

India



About
National bestselling author of the novel, The Other Side of the Bed. You can place an order here: tinyurl.com/tosotb (flipkart) or can download it on your kindle from here: tinyurl.com/tosotbamazon .. more..

Writing