Labyrinth

Labyrinth

A Poem by Bhavya Kaushik
"

Tetractys, A Tetractys is an age-old English form of writing poetry which was created by the late English poet Ray Stebbings. It is basically a five-line poem of 20 syllables with a title.

"

Labyrinth (Mirror Tetractys)

 

 

 

Love,

You left

Without me

To the unknown.

Leaving me behind in an obscure town!

 

Here I’m haunted by daemons of our past.

So…come back soon.

Stop me to

Become

-Me.




© 2012 Bhavya Kaushik


Author's Note

Bhavya Kaushik
Tetractys is an age-old English form of writing poetry which was created by the late English poet Ray Stebbings. It is basically a five-line poem of 20 syllables with a title, arranged in the following order: 1,2,3,4,10.
Whereas, a Mirror Tetractys is a form with two 5-line stanzas consisting of a simple Tetractys followed by a reverse Tetractys. Thus, it should have a syllabus count of: 1-2-3-4-10 : 10-4-3-2-1 :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I kinda see form as a restriction that one can set themselves. It means it's easier to fail, but when successful can be all the more impressive according to a specific standard (easily comparable etc.) I think you've done very well, I look forward to reading more of you, and perhaps to learn more about form through your skill.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Bhavya Kaushik

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)



Reviews

When I read I really couldn't figure out its style. Yes, it is well written depicting the pain and urgency in the voice.

Great work though!

-Eliot

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lovely write. Enjoyable read :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Hey that's really really good... Keep it up ... Loved it

Posted 10 Years Ago


Bhavya Kaushik

10 Years Ago

Thank you :)
I really love the form and how it complements the subject of the poem. Adhering to that structure and conveying a message succinctly and effectively takes both effort and talent, so good work!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Bhavya Kaushik

10 Years Ago

Thank you ma'am! Appreciate your words a lot :)
Yes! Exactly, my friend. it's hard to convince yourself to stop looking back and calling someone from the past ... I felt it right there! you suddenly quit fighting the urge of revisiting your old daemons, though you'v got to be careful it's very dangerous back there.

Good luck.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Bhavya Kaushik

10 Years Ago

Hey! Thanks a lot :) I'm glad to know that you enjoyed reading it :)
Short but hearttouching .I love this poem .Try some rhyme next time .maybe it will fulfill the missing ingredient


Posted 10 Years Ago


Bhavya Kaushik

10 Years Ago

Ah! No man. I don't like to rhyme. It sounds childish to me. Also, a Tetractys doesn't need to rhyme.. read more
Ankit Mahar

10 Years Ago

You are welcome brother. And forgive me cause I was not having any information about Tetrsctys .
You say a lot with very little, I really appreciate this form of writing. Intrigued and curious to read more of your work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Bhavya Kaushik

10 Years Ago

Thank you! Appreciate your words a lot :)
Here I’m haunted by daemons of our past.
So…come back soon.
Stop me to
Become
-Me.

Awesome! This is amazing,
I love the emotion in this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Bhavya Kaushik

10 Years Ago

Thank you! Appreciate your words a lot :)
This is pretty good :) I like it :D

Posted 10 Years Ago


Bhavya Kaushik

10 Years Ago

Thank you! Appreciate your words a lot :)
Stormie Sky

10 Years Ago

your welcome :)
Nicely done...I have never written a tetracty...I will have to try one sometime.
SyberRose

Posted 10 Years Ago


Bhavya Kaushik

10 Years Ago

Thank you! Appreciate your words a lot :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3799 Views
52 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 1, 2012
Last Updated on June 1, 2012

Author

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik

India



About
National bestselling author of the novel, The Other Side of the Bed. You can place an order here: tinyurl.com/tosotb (flipkart) or can download it on your kindle from here: tinyurl.com/tosotbamazon .. more..

Writing