Breathtaking

Breathtaking

A Poem by Poeticme

The light hits your eyes,and makes a mighty spark,like the light from the moon on the water,in the dead of dark.Where do you hide those wings my angel,I know they are there,but,if I never see them,I will never care.Like a thief in the night,you have stolen my heart,and for you my lady,with it I will part.

 

I feel you here,and I see you in everything,and just the thought of you,makes my heart want to sing.Like a mountain stream cascading as it falls,for you I strip my armor and breakdown my walls.You have brought the light,where the dark use to play,and for that I honor you in everyway.

 

When you open your heart to me,then you will not have to rely on your eyes to see,that you're the air that I breath,and the blood that makes me whole,the very strength in my once broken soul.You may not see that you're beautiful,but to me you are,like a new born child,like the brightest shining star.

 

You've sent waves of love,and feel them crash over me,and you inspire me to be,all I can be.You're a feather of love,that has tickled my heart,and you are the benchmark,from where everything is to start.I will never settle for less,than what I see in your eyes,and a sea of sadness flows over me,as we say our goodbyes.

© 2017 Poeticme


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is truly one of the most beautiful poems I have read in a very long time. Your descriptions are so lovely, but more than that is the soft floating feeling of your words. Absolutely beautiful. :) Julie

Posted 7 Years Ago


Poeticme

7 Years Ago

Thank you Ms Jewel. Coming from such a wonderful poet as yourself, your words mean the world to me. .. read more
This poem is breathtaking!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Poeticme

7 Years Ago

Your kind, I'm glad you enjoyed it, , you can breathe​ now😊

Poeticme
I love writings that make me FEEL something. Bulls eye on this one. Great write!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Beautiful..........So loving, so gentle,but sad ending. Windy

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

451 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 23, 2008
Last Updated on March 13, 2017

Author

Poeticme
Poeticme

Katy, Tx, TX



About
I have been writing poetry for years,I have a great imagination,well as all knows that is a must for a poetic soul.My poetry comes from my heart,cannot help that fact.I am really starting to settle in.. more..

Writing
Passion Passion

A Poem by Poeticme



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..