Detective Ronojit Bose

Detective Ronojit Bose

A Story by BIKRAMJIT DEY
"

detective story

"

Detective Ronojit Bose…....

It’s a day that should be remembered….fine weather- fresh and clear and also the inaguaration of Ronojit Bose’s detection.That day, Mr. Panchloria,ASP came to our house for having some chats with his childhood friend, my father.I along with my father, Mr. Panchloria and elder brother Ronojoit were sitting in the garden and were having some snacks and tea.

You people must be in a confusion about the presentation and who am I…..Well..let me clear all the confusions. I am Surojit Bose of age 12,the youngest son of Advocate Rishab Bose and Dr. Urmila Bose. I have one elder brother named Ronjoit Bose, of age 18.He is reading  in B.sc 2nd year. He has a very knack of private detection. From the very early age, he loved and read with great enthusiasm , the detective and the crime stories. Being a great fan of Arthur Conan Doyle’s  Sherlock Holmes, he follows his style of detection. He also reads Agatha Christie and Satyajit Ray’s Feluda. My father and mother supports him very much.He have approximately 1000 detective books. He follows the style of detection of each and every detctives and note it down in his note book.He has handled 25 cases upto now.I being his sidekick or assistant, just like Feluda’s Topse and Kakababu’s  Santu,write all his cases thoroughly and along with narrative description in this diary.

This is Ronojit  Bose’s first case.Though , anybody would not like to tell it is as a case as this is actually just an introduction,..I mean, its just like his inaguaration as a private detective . Before this very small case, neither of our family knew about his capability as a detective. Its not a case, Its a test taken by Mr. Panchloria one year back.

Spinnig off back to that day, from where I started…..the snacks time with Mr. Panchloria. Mr. Panchloria heard of brother’s detective dream.He then told,”So, Ronojit, lets me take a small test on your detection.Would you like to give that?”,in a very light mood.

“Surely Sir.”,Ronojit said.

“Ok…Ok ,give me five minutes of time.”, Mr. Panchloria said.

“Yes , Sir.”,Rono da went inside the house.

After five minutes, Mr. Panchloria started the test on Rono da.Rono da returned back. Mr. Panchloria said,”I am giving you this paper.It contains a message about a watch which I have just kept inside your house with the help of our father.With the help of this message , which contains a hint about the place where the watch is kept”he smiled looking at father’s face who is also smiling a bit,”Well….you get ten minutes of time and no help…Lets see what can you do.Best of luck.”

Mr. Panchloria handed over the message paper to Rono da.I and he,both started reading it,but I was left aback after what I read as I could not understand anything.I starred at Rono da’s face.He was in deep thought,looking at the paper in which it was written-

                         You want to find the little cheat,                           

                      You must find it in the indoors.

                   No need to find it in the bathroom,

                                         Not in the rubbish also.

      You may find it in the outdoors also,

            As  all I am telling to you is rubbish….

                                                 Now you think……

 

Mr. Panchloria was smiling a little bit.I was thinking about that cheat also,though couldnot find any hint in order to solve the riddle.How it could be found.Can you?

Rono da showed his brillaince for the first time in observation. Mr. Panchloria ,I and father were left astonished when,in just within 2 miutes, Ronny da said,”It is very easy Panchloria uncle.The watch is in the library”

“What?!!”I was left aback,”how?”

“You are write,absolutely.You passed the test.Bravo detective” Mr. Panchloria smiled.

“Thank you”,Rono da smiled and then said to me by passing that cheat,”see it, you will understand.”

I was left astonished by what I saw.It is a nice test of observation.The cheat with some underlines by Rono da-

 


                         You want to find the little cheat,                           

                      You must find it in the indoors.

                   No need to find it in the bathroom,

                                          Not in the rubbish also.

      You may find it in the outdoors also,

             As  all I am telling to you is rubbish….

                                                  Now you think……

“Yes”,I said,”Its easy but doing it within 2 minutes is crazy.”

“Any body would think only about the lines and the meaning,but its not a riddle,its just a test of observation power.Rono passed the test.The name of the place is just written upside down.”,father said with a smile.

I looked at Rono da’s face.He is again busy at reading newspaper.Till now,I did not believe him to be perfect at detection,but he proved a little that he can be a very good detective.More cases to come and more adventures,here comes a new detective.                                  

 

© 2017 BIKRAMJIT DEY


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
Added on November 4, 2017
Last Updated on November 4, 2017

Author

BIKRAMJIT DEY
BIKRAMJIT DEY

BURDWAN, West Bengal, India