Fading Light

Fading Light

A Story by Bill Walberg
"

A super short story designed to entertain and allow people to infer

"

It was cold. The sky was crisp and brightly lit. One of those nights where all the stars you could see with the naked eye were visible from the spot where I lay.

I was surprisingly comfortable in the frigid night air laying there on the damp grass. Perhaps a little too comfortable. Falling asleep here would probably be a terrible idea but I could feel myself begin to nod.


The only thing that bothered me now was the sound of blaring music. Terrible idea or not, I am pretty sure that I could rest if only the racket would stop. At some point, I would have to make the decision to live with the music�"or not.


I was beginning to believe that no one would hear it down here anyway. Maybe the smoke would clue in a passing vehicle. If my car stopped and the music died...well.




*I have been recently working on inferencing with my tutoring students and found that they enjoy creepy short stories. I also found that MANY people like these types of things online. So in my efforts to begin a new writing journey, I would appreciate some feedback on what you think about super short stories.

Which line speaks to you?

© 2017 Bill Walberg


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

There's enough information to pique my interest and make me want more. As it is, I'm wondering where he/she is at and the general topography. Short is fine in my view, but know that some aren't keen on the idea.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 20, 2017
Last Updated on November 20, 2017
Tags: shortstory, creepy, scary, writer