How to Choose the Right Marketing Opportunities

How to Choose the Right Marketing Opportunities

A Story by Lianne Rhymes

The internet is a wonderful thing because it allows companies, large and small, to reach their full audience. There are no limits to the number of people you can reach with your marketing. The problem, however, is that the internet is also so loud and full of information, sometimes it can be hard to get your message through at all let alone to the right person. That’s why it is so important that you figure out your audience.

One problem many businesses have is that they spread themselves too thin trying to use all the marketing opportunities available to them. A better approach would be to determine who your audience is and where you can find them. For example, current young adults tend to spend a lot of time on SnapChat and Instagram and are heavily influenced by Influencers. Paying a social media Influencer to promote your product on one of those platforms is going to be more effective than an ad on Facebook. By targeting your audience, you can better determine what marketing opportunities are worth your time and which ones are a waste of money.

Always use text marketing

One way to ensure you reach your audience directly is through text marketing. Your customers sign up to receive messaging from you, which means you can be sure they are your audience and want to get marketing messages from your business. Also, the average person opens a text within the first few minutes it has arrived, so your direct audience will get see your text immediately. It is the fastest, most efficient way of marketing to your current customer base.

It is also really nice to allow them to be able to communicate with you through text whenever they have questions or concerns they need quickly addressed. The only real problem is that this form of marketing only works for your current customer base. And while staying current with your regular customers is essential, you need to do other things to try and pick up new customers.

Choose up to three types of social media

Social media is one of the easiest and least expensive ways to pick up new customers. All of your customers are going to be on social media. The real question is which platforms your audience is using. Once you’ve figured out where your customers are, you can put a lot of effort into that particular platform. Many businesses try and get on every social media site out there to try and reach everyone. Not only can this be very expensive and time consuming, it likely won’t yield the results you want. Your company needs to pick up to three platforms to focus on, and make sure to keep up with them. You’ll need to place ads on that platform, run contests, post content, and most importantly, use it to provide additional customer service support.

The other thing to consider when working on social media is whether or not to work with influencers. For the younger Millennials and Generation Z, influencers are very influential. However, it is important that the marketing matches the influencer using it and is fluid with their personality. The younger generation can quickly spot a fake ad and are more likely to be turned off to the product than on if it doesn’t seem to fit quite right. The other thing to consider is that older generations tend to be more influenced by iconic, big stars such as Brad Pitt while the younger generation, on the other hand, is more likely to be influenced by influencers that have a much smaller following but are targeted more towards their personal interests. For example, if you are selling vegan products, you’d want to find some influencers in the Vegan industry that are popular as opposed to trying to get Jessica Alba to advertise it for you.

Other forms of marketing

Ultimately, social media marketing and text marketing are your two most influential forms of marketing to current and new customers. However, there are other forms of marketing such as print marketing, email marketing, and even video ads that should be considered. Make sure you carefully consider where your audience is spending their time and focus on a few of those main areas instead of trying to do everything. The quality of marketing will go down with the more you spread yourself thin, and customers will notice.

Mobile Technology News brought to you by biztexter.com

Source: forbes.com/sites/forbesagencycouncil/2017/10/16/three-reasons-your-marketing-isnt-producing-the-results-you-want/#572c6d517c7c

© 2017 Lianne Rhymes


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on November 6, 2017
Last Updated on November 6, 2017

Author

Lianne Rhymes
Lianne Rhymes

New York City, NY



About
I am from New York City. I am an IT manager, blogger, consultant, artist and technology buff. During my leisure time, I love watching movie, eating, dancing and playing badminton. more..

Writing