Monsieur

Monsieur

A Poem by Brenda Sue
"

I started writing this for a contest but it changed to be a tribute to my grandfather. It is wondrous how words take on a meaning of their own.

"

He lived all his life gallant;
Brave and spirited
Always noble-minded

Many said he was chivalrous;
Marked by honor,
With generosity and courtesy.

Always he was victorious;
By sheer force of honor,
A dashing hero.

Courageous and valorous;
Lively, bold and fearless,
Possessing great personal bravery.

Monsieur, my country gentleman;
Was romantic with a kind heart,
And loved me beyond words.

 

 

 

© 2008 Brenda Sue


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What a lovely tribute! I have been thinking about my grandmother a lot lately and I want to write something but I want it to be worthy of her because she was the absolute BEST! So, I'm still thinking...

But I digress...you have certainly shown up with a well-written and beautiful piece of work here....

Great job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This nearly made me a cry! I'm very close to my granddad, who's going back to Iraq soon and is worrying me, and so this piece really touched me. A beautiful sentimental piece that demonstrates your love to him in such a lovely way it really warms the heart. I also love the way you've described him, very clear and you can really picture him in your mind. This has a very nostalgic feel to it, one that has such a pleasant aura, you can't help but smile.
Thank you so much for sharing such a lovely piece! It really brought tears to my eyes!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such a great tribute.
Simply Beautiful.
He has awesome characteristics.
He must have meant the world to you.
Such lovely words you used.
I bet I'd love to meet a man like him.
If only I could write so beautifully to make a tribute to my family that will serve them justice.
He sounds exceptional.
I absolutely loved it.
Wonderfully written.
Inredible Job!
Brilliant.
^_^

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a lovely tribute indeed. And how wonderful to have a grandfather who is characerized by chivalry, romance, honor and valour. These are the kind of adjectives we don't often get to bestow any more.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such a lovely tribute to someone that meant the world to you I am sure. I never got a chance to really know either of my biological grand fathers one died long before I was born and the other when I was 8. So I missed out on that. But I did have a step grand father that treated me like his own. SO that made up for a lot of what I thought I had missed. I really loved the heart and passion I could feel here in your words.


Great Job!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the tribute.. he sounds like a wonderful man .. so glad you had him in your life.

Chloe
xoxo

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

a beautiful tribute to your grandfather. i only remember one of mine because the other passed when i was very young. the one i did have fit the desciption of what yours was. i'm sure he was and is very proud of you and this loving memorial to him.

Always,

Amanda @};--

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A man with such wonderful and exceptional qualities is deserving of such an endearing poem! We need more of these qualities in men today. Your grandfather was a rare jewel. Excellent poem, very descriptional.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

What lovely words to describe a man much loved. Beautiful sentiments.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Fabulous tribute .. he will be smiling on you from above ...

Phil

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

615 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 15, 2008
Last Updated on March 15, 2008

Author

Brenda Sue
Brenda Sue

Chatsworth, GA



About
Rose Glitter Graphics Everyone has there own beliefs about what Heaven is, whether religiously, spiritually or just musically! (Led Zeppelin) The one thing I found in common with each person though .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..