Eat or Get Eaten

Eat or Get Eaten

A Story by blackcayne
"

3 days.

"
Day 1~
"Urgh," I moaned, pressing my hand onto my temple. My head was throbbing like there was no tomorrow and it felt like a sewing needle was being slowly pounded into my brain. I pulled my eyes open and was greeted with the sight of a rotting face. I screamed and scrabbled away from the body. 
Panting from fright I realised that the being was dead... or so I thought. It opened its eyes and the pale blank orbs stared at me. 
"You have awakened us," it whispered croakily with its hand reaching out to grab me. I whimpered and jumped to my feet, backing away from the monster.
"Now you must become one of us," standing up on its decomposing legs, it fell and started crawling towards me. Since I was calmer, I took a look at my companion and frowned. Its whole body was falling apart and it had bits and pieces missing. There was a rancid smell in the air and I held my sleeve up to my face to filter as much of the smell as I could.
The last thing I could remember was being on a boat with a burly man on it... then nothing. 
Backing away from the slowly gaining lump of meat. 
"Come with us," it murmured.
"Us?" I gagged at the increasing stench.
I turned around and in front of me loomed a giant jungle. In the depths of the vines and greenery I could see more figures coming out from darkness. I jumped as I felt a hand grasp my ankle.
"Come join us," it growled, eyes glowing red. 
Kicking off the crumbling hand, I ran around the fringe of the forest, looking for somewhere to hide. Finding a solid tree I grappled onto the lowest hanging branch and pulled myself up. Looking behind me I saw a figure with red hair limping towards me whispering, "Join... Us... Sister," 
I cringed and clutched onto the next branch... and the next... and the next until I reached well above ten metres. I sat down on the branch, panting and rubbed my fists into my eyes. I felt a knot in my stomach and I let the moisture that I had been holding in my tear ducts seep out. 
What was this? How did I get here? Who am I? What's going on? I don't want to die. 
I blinked the tears away and frowned. "What do I need to get?" I thought. "Food, water, shelter..." I listed things off the top of my head and added one more, "A means of escape." I jumped from the close hanging tree branches to different trees and escaped the red-haired monster who was lingering at the trunk of the tree, wondering where I had gotten to. While wondering around, I came across the dead carcass of a deer.Trying not to vomit I scavenged for edible goods like berries and what looked like potatoes and found a lake that had water that didn't look too dirty. When it had started getting dark I climbed back up the tree and settled in it. 
I fed on berries that day.

Day 2~
I woke up tucked in the crook of a tree with my leg dangling precariously off the edge of the stable 'v shaped' nook. "Woah," I whispered, glancing down at the jungle floor. There was a gathering of the monster like humans just below where I was sleeping. 
"Where is she?" one of them hissed.
"I don't know, she disappeared!" the red-haired one that I had seen before said desperately. 
I frowned at the familiar voice and felt my head starting to throb. They continued to argue amongst one another as I looked at my little hideaway.
I ate the remaining berries as I watched the scene unfold before me. Once I decided that I should get down, I snapped a branch quietly and flung it as far away as I could. It made a loud racket and the monsters snarled in the direction, lowering to the ground and seeking the mysterious noise. I jumped down as the last one left and walked in the opposite direction, looking for more food or supplies. digging near a bunch of safe looking plants with my hands, I found a dirty roll of parchment. I stared at it for a moment and revealed what was written on the inside.
   
12 June xxxx
         The experiments are going well, subject 2364 has become able to communicate appropriately with other subjects and they have stared to learn basic contact with other human beings. 

Frowning, I rolled up the parchment again, sticking it in the waistband of my jeans. They were experiments? How horrible.
Sneaking around I discovered a tree that was blooming with beautiful red apples. My mouth watered at the crisp red skin and I plucked one gently. Taking a nearby rock and 'cleaning' it with my spit, I jammed it into the crunchy side and snapped it open. 
I fed on apples that day.

Day 3~
I woke up with the intention of getting off the deserted island. Jumping off the tree that had been my home for the past two days, I landed on the jungle floor with a soft thud. Looking around me, I started walking back towards the beach where I had first been aroused from. There were more animal carcasses laying around on the path than there was when I had arrived and they gave off a foul-smelling stench. Pinching my nose, I waded carefully through the dead bodies and arrived back on the beach.
Planting my feet on the cold sand I breathed in the salty smell of the sea and frowned. How am I supposed to get off here? Swimming isn't an option... There might be sharks and other 'unknown animals' on the loose. Deciding that I should wait a few more days until I had a solid plan, I turned back towards the forest to be greeted with the red-hair.
"Sister," it hissed, rancid breath running along my skin. I fell back onto my elbows and started to scrabble away from the monster. "Come be with us," it grabbed my arm and dragged me into the forest. I flailed around, trying to get rid of her strong grip. 
"Who are you? Stop it!" I yelled, digging my nails into her disintegrating skin. 
"Don't you remember me sister?" it turned around, eyes boring into my head. 
"Renne?" I whispered. "Sister?" its fingertips dug deeper into my wrist and she kept dragging towards the jungle edge. 
"Why are you doing this?" I whimpered.
She turned around quickly and stared into my eyes. "Why did you do this to me?" Renne growled.
A sudden realisation hit me... I had been the one who did these experiments... 
"Renne... I'm so sorry," I choked, holding back my tears. 
She gave me a hard stare and continued dragging me until we reached the inside of the outlying trees. 
We were met with a hoard of monsters... just like my sister... I had done this. They growled abnormally and started creeping towards me, their teeth sharp and glinting in the little light. I struggled to get away and pleadingly looked at Renne. She bored her eyes back at me and tightened her grip. I gave up.
That night, I was the one that was feasted on.

© 2014 blackcayne


Author's Note

blackcayne
well... don't really do stuff like this, but let me know if you enjoyed it! please review and give a rate c: it would be most helpful and thanks! sorry if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes, I didn't look through it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Do you know, am really fond of watching adventurous movies. So I liked this one too. I like the way you combined the horror part with some adventure. Girls usually don't like mystery and fantasy. But I appreciate you trying and have done a nice job. But here's a suggestion the endings or climax can be much better, if the story is configured with a view to show achievements of good over bad rather than you getting feasted by monsters. But still its an interesting story. It satisfied my reading pleasure . Keep writing. Cool job.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

blackcayne

9 Years Ago

thank you! haha its been a new thing recently, i enjoy writing just anything that comes to mind whic.. read more



Reviews

Do you know, am really fond of watching adventurous movies. So I liked this one too. I like the way you combined the horror part with some adventure. Girls usually don't like mystery and fantasy. But I appreciate you trying and have done a nice job. But here's a suggestion the endings or climax can be much better, if the story is configured with a view to show achievements of good over bad rather than you getting feasted by monsters. But still its an interesting story. It satisfied my reading pleasure . Keep writing. Cool job.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

blackcayne

9 Years Ago

thank you! haha its been a new thing recently, i enjoy writing just anything that comes to mind whic.. read more
Okay... so why does the main character not remember her past? I'm lost.

Posted 9 Years Ago


blackcayne

9 Years Ago

Haha it's okay, well she was stranded on an island and thats just how things go I guess. She could'v.. read more
Your story was entertaining and enjoyable for me to read. You should really write more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

blackcayne

9 Years Ago

Thanks! It was put together last minute because I had some spare time and it's great that you enjoye.. read more
i thought it was very interesting

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

316 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 15, 2014
Last Updated on May 15, 2014
Tags: monster adventure eat or get eat

Author

blackcayne
blackcayne

Australia



About
A student that writes for leisure. enjoys the occasional thriller/horror but prefers romance. paperback books are always the best way to read books. Feel free to message me c: hopefully I'll be a .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by blackcayne


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by blackcayne


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by blackcayne