Prelude

Prelude

A Chapter by Karleem Johnson
"

A prelude to the main story

"

Dr. Stein stared in horror from the forest as his castle burned in the distance, red eyed vampires whooped and hollered with gleeful rage. “Doctor…we..must…go..” A deep raspy mumbled from behind him as strong arms lifted him from the ground gently. The Doctor bared his sharpened teeth in frustrated anger as tears began to fall from his face. “No, not yet Taryn. Let’s give those filthy bloodsuckers something the whoop about!” Dr. Stein said as he pulled a strange looking gun from his bag and shot a pulsating bolt into the air over the flaming castle. The bolt exploded in a crackling green and purple nimbus of energy, hitting several rods in the ground. The vampires paused in their celebratory chants and stared as the several huge humanoid figures erupted from the ground. Grimy mud caked on their mottled blue-green skin, as the moonlight shone the bolts in their necks and backs. Their eyes sparked green and blue as they bellowed at the now hissing vampires, their thick muscle bulging and ripping through the stitching in some places. The vampires drew weapons and launched themselves at the stitched together monstrosities, only to be broken by huge hands. One of the creations with the enlarged head of a crocodile snapped its powerful jaws down on a vampires torso, causing it to explode in a flurry of cinder and ash, as another creation with a large lightning for an hand fired rippling bolts of energy into the vampires. Dr. Stein watched with proud tearful eyes. “Sorry my children, it looks as if I will not be able to perfect you after all…but you’ve made papa proud.” Taryn lifted the shifted the Doctor in his arms, and then took off towards the boats.

Mikael glared at the unnatural abominations with disgust, as his general prattled to his servants. His regal silver armor  shone as his ivory skin seemed to glow in the moonlight. “My prince, we must go. The Elders have declared an immediate council meeting!” His general, Amelie, said as she gripped his arm. Mikael whipped his head toward her, his platinum blonde hair shining in the moonlight as his eyes burned red. “WHAT? How did the council find out? Damn it all!! They’ll have my fangs for this…tell the troops to fight ‘til the death. Tell them that reinforcements are on their way! Hopefully those disgusting creations of the Doctor slay them all.” He hissed as he turned sharply and headed for the carriage, his white fur lined cloak snapping with the movement.

Karden overheard the vampire prince from his perch in the tree; he smiled wickedly, his masters at the wolf court would be glad to hear this. He launched himself from the treetop when the vampires had gone and shifted in midair, lush brown fur sprouted from his skin as a thick ropy tail grew from the base of his spine, and his hands and feet grew into calloused pink paws with black claws. He slunk silently into the night.



© 2014 Karleem Johnson


Author's Note

Karleem Johnson
The way this site is set up i can only upload one image. For the full image set and my writing page check out: https://www.facebook.com/notes/fantasy-ink/the-night-chronicles-prelude/582125641882504

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You put a lot in the short chapter. You made me want to know the why, who, when, what and how of the story? The description was strong and create vision of a wild and crazy world. Thank you for sharing the interesting prelude. I look forward to reading more.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Karleem Johnson

10 Years Ago

Thank you, the first chapter will be up as soon as i can figure out which way to write it



Reviews

I honestly wish I found this story first, as Coyote said this was very vivid and very descriptive I'd like to see where it goes, I hope you update it in the future

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Karleem Johnson

10 Years Ago

Thank you, I'm a bit busy right now (a publisher recently signed me, and i'm working on my first nov.. read more
Albert Teague

10 Years Ago

keep going then
You put a lot in the short chapter. You made me want to know the why, who, when, what and how of the story? The description was strong and create vision of a wild and crazy world. Thank you for sharing the interesting prelude. I look forward to reading more.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Karleem Johnson

10 Years Ago

Thank you, the first chapter will be up as soon as i can figure out which way to write it

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 8, 2014
Last Updated on February 8, 2014


Author

Karleem Johnson
Karleem Johnson

Grand Rapids, MI



About
I'm a young aspiring author (as i'm sure lots of other people on this page are) who is just trying to make it. My goal is to finish a novel and have it published, i also want to create video games and.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..