Existence

Existence

A Poem by Belle

I breathe in

I breathe out

I hear the beat of my heart

I hear the murmur of my mind...


Who really am i?







© 2017 Belle


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am not sure why, but this some seemed to fit the words. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZoD8JEFjAE

Maybe it reflects the beat and note of every word.




Posted 9 Years Ago


Strength. Self-awareness. Pride. The dignity of the poet is clearly felt in this piece. An inhalation of that made you what you were. An exhalation of pain and doubt. What remains is the certainty of what you are, and the reality of you. There's a calm determination in this poem... As though after every blow the world has dealt, you're softly saying "I'm still standing." thank you for sharing this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
So in tune with oneself, the poet has reached a truly enlightened state from where the rest of the journey will be an informed and purposeful one. You said so much in so few a lines and with such beauty and flair. My compliments to you Belle.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Belle

10 Years Ago

Thank you for the kind words, my friend.
i feel these words could be referring to someone who has just retrieved her heart...went through the loss, the pain, the feeling of inadequacy in love....and now being alone again recovers herself, her self-esteem, her will to move on...
and knows she will once again "be the person she was"

nicely done

jacob

Posted 10 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 18, 2014
Last Updated on August 20, 2017

Author

Belle
Belle

About
Live Traffic Stats more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Belle



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Taken Taken

A Poem by Belle