Beatrice

Beatrice

A Poem by Belle


 I tread

 the madness

 of the mute and blind world

 still

 I perceive

 a light

 emanating 

 from its depth,

 I tread

 ever onward

 in my pursuit of

 a heaven in a place of hell.





 

© 2014 Belle


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Flames can be quite bright, we are lured like moths when sometimes it is in the shadowed corners we might finally find what we are looking for. This is a beautifully penned piece so light and delicate visually yet it has a very dense core.

Posted 9 Years Ago


So many thoughts and potential lines comes to my mind . But I will go for now with Pax's take " In pursuit of heaven I found the devil in me ". And Pax really coined the essense of why we have two extreme place. If its a product of mans imagination to cope and escape the harsh reality of life then humanity has all the reason and right to despair . Its pointless to hope if what we hope and see is already here . The world still think and operate in the same paradigm that " to see is to believe ". But many who came before us already witnessed and saw heaven coming in bodily form so we can see and feel and hear it . What Im saying here is heaven is not much of a place or philosophy or ideology or religious belief but a Person . Pax quotation was right . If heaven is a Person then im disqualified . If its a person one of His unique and outstanding attributes is not love although He is loving . Not just although He is righteous . Not grace although He is gracious . But I found the devil in me when I found that His true attributes is holiness and this is the only word that was repeated three times to emphasized His purity - holy holy holy . Then I saw the real me in light of who this Person is . On the contrary heaven is not really here per se but can be experience on the inside or inside our heart That happens when the Person who owns and lives in heaven takes residence inside the persons heart . Although its like hell on the outside . The person can experience heaven on the inside because the Prince of Peace lives and reigns there . If heaven is like or compared to awedding . What a person experience and do here is all but dress rehersals . Practice and practice until we get it right . The real and final wedding ceremony takes place in the afterlife . There is the perfection . No more practice needed . Sometimes people who believes and accepts The Prince of Peace go to hell on earth to purify and purge their character . Hell on earth is the term for trials and adversity not to be confused with the real thing . Thanks for sharing this thought provoking piece . Short but loaded .

Posted 9 Years Ago


The title immediately reminded me of Dante's Beatrice..

"pursuit of a heaven in a place of hell"-- spoke to me about the power of the human to change his circumstances.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I really do feel we have hell on earth...

heaven is or seems to be always just out of reach.
like an illusion of an oasis in a desert.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Belle

9 Years Ago

I do believe in what you feel, Jacob…that is also how existentialists view the “heaven” and �.. read more
"I tread the madness of the mute and blind world" and "in my pursuit of a heaven in a place of hell." Masterfully penned.

Posted 9 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
at the first the name intrigues me, even the picture painting in the thumb, it intrigues me, as I read along, I remember the saying "the world is a crazy place". Full of insanity & madness working its way in the blind night, slowly getting away of something it shouldn't be, to where we dwell -- we follow what's little light left, finding heaven in the place of hell...

in my pursuit of
a heaven in a place of hell.

-- in those line, I find them somehow relate-able to a line in a song: "Looking for heaven, found the devil in me"


Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The pursuits of heaven and happiness along with peace has been hallmarks of human quests. The narrator acknowledges the challenges but with a persistent will. Excellent...:)..................

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

507 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 16, 2014
Last Updated on September 16, 2014

Author

Belle
Belle

About
Live Traffic Stats more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Belle