ww2 fiasco

ww2 fiasco

A Story by sette
"

ww2 in my eyes. a contest entry

"

      I have been a believer in the adage that “History repeats itself. The World War II was one event that is written in every history book.  The facts are there for everyone to see and know, starting with the Manifest Destiny of the United States of America towards the Genocide and Delusional Killings of Hitler. There were lots of known people being read in any History book. We have Winston Churchill, Chiang Kai Shek, Benito Mussolinni  and Hitler to name a few. The power domination was divided into two the Allied and the Axis Powers.

 

     If I were to apply hermeneutics to this topic, what had gone wrong? What had been the real cause of World War II?  The Manifest Destiny started it all, with the knowledge about superpower status and of course the Hobbes inspired Leviathan. Power dominance was the root cause of this war. If we look back again at the First World War, there was a silent nation who did not participate and that was China, which had angered many nations including its nearest neighbour Japan.

 

     Japan at that time was facing depression economically and politically because of the failure of the Meiji Era restoration, so thinking that if they will promote militarism then perhaps it can bring back the old glory and what better way but to attack the sleeping dragon which is China which had its share of foreign invasions, the latest was the Manchurian dynasty, it had dampen the spirit of China which made the Koumintang party under Sun Yat Sen took place but when Japan waged war against China, the latter has no other recourse but to support Mao Tse Tung’s Communist government.

 

     The Hobbes inspired Leviathan talked about Commonwealth, why there should be an absolute power that is why his philosophy focused on Egoism. Many nations had faced the damages from the First World War that they only have one goal in mind and that is to be a superpower. The question lies on how can a nation achieve the superpower status?

 

      A lot of political theories had sprung but one thing that is clear up to the present is the dominance of super power nations (mostly first world countries) over the powerless nations (mostly third world countries) It means there is the territorial invasion and strategies were made through conquest, alliance or by force. The only nation in the world that has  been free from territorial invasion was Thailand.

 

     Because  of this hunger for power, Japan made the first start, it was facing left and right issues of political and economic bankruptcy with the closing of banks and the emergence of cartels, its greed drove to attack one of the superpower nations which just came also from the Great Depression Period, United States of America through its military reservation site, the Pearl Harbor in Hawaii. With the attack on United States, the territories where the latter reigned supreme including the Philippines became additional forces to attack Japan.

 

     Japan took advantage of the situation by forming an alliance with Germany where a crazy Jewish hater was trying to be superior all with his Nazism and concentration camps. Here comes Italy with the dictator Mussolini and his fascist rule . If we have the Axis power at the left, we have the Allied power at the right and of course leading the pack is the United States  with Great Britain, France, Russia (Soviet Union) and China.

 

     The only reason for this is military supremacy and world domination. Nothing else. Germany was to conquer Continental Europe, Japan for the East-Pacific Region and Italy for the Mediterranean borders, But what made Axis power lose the battle?  When you come across history books it will enumerate the lack of raw materials, the lesson learned from the first world war by the allied powers, vast resources of the allied powers, tactical errors on the part of the Axis power and of course the delusion of Hitler.

    

     For me the reason why the Axis powers had lose the battle is because of too much greed on the part of Japan and Germany, the incompetence of Mussolini and his fascist  ruling and of course the crazy delusion of the psychotic leader Adolf Hitler. There was also the issue of competition for the absolute power, the rule of thumb of the Egoistic philosophy of Thomas Hobbes.

 


© 2018 sette


Author's Note

sette
this is only my opinion

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

If only the lust of power of everyone involved had been secondary to the lives of millions of people How much lesser would have been the human toll. A well narrated story, sette.

Posted 6 Years Ago


sette

6 Years Ago

totally true, i can speak it from experience because i came from a third world country where poverty.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 21, 2018
Last Updated on March 21, 2018

Author

sette
sette

Writing
coffee coffee

A Story by sette


hurt hurt

A Poem by sette