a simple day

a simple day

A Story by sette

When I started the job six months ago, I know I was doing this for the practical side of it, earning a little bit higher salary than my previous teaching job. I had a hard time passing my credentials because of two reasons; I lost my important papers and I did not use any connection, I want to enter the field through my own merit. The last six months had been an amazing journey; a challenge to myself, a reflection of myself and the calling which I remained deaf for so long. I met my students, they put a smile on my face when things around me keep on crumbling down, despite the limited resources they have. No money, no food, no books, no school supplies and most of the times no love even at home. They feel unwanted, unloved, discriminated because of their ethnicity, of their exotic looks and most of them are non-readers but then they are the ones who encouraged me to see the other side of life�"the simplicity of life. They made me realize that I can learn to love openly and not be hurt in the process. They encourage me to love myself more and not to be skeptical about things.

© 2019 sette


Author's Note

sette
im having a hard time uploading the picture

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another teacher!! Welcome aboard. I retired after 45 years in the classroom. It is a shame that most people, non-teachers of course, do not understand us. Strange creatures that stand in front of a group of children and teach them something. I honestly felt that if I made it interesting and fun they would get so much more out of it. Financially there is a meager reward for all that we do and put up with. Our real reward comes when former students come back and thank us.
Stick with it. I don't know of any married, family man teacher, who can only afford to teach. Take care - Dave

Posted 4 Years Ago


Indeed austerity and supression are amazing levelers as people then learn real value and not the values created by a greedy world led by greedy and powerful people. You have found the real reasons for love.

Posted 4 Years Ago


I would love to teach the children. I enjoyed your story. I believe, good teachers motivate children to learn and to succeed. Maybe one day. Finish my education and I would be able to teach. Thank you dear friend for sharing the amazing story.
Coyote

Posted 4 Years Ago


this is so touching, and i am so glad you can keep teaching...i relate so much to what you said about seeing the faces of the students....each new group i teach looks at me with those "i need you to teach me "eyes"--
and I am immediately compelled to give them my best.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


I love that you are enjoying life as it comes and the unexpected opportunities. So good to see you here again girl. You go get it!!!!!

Posted 4 Years Ago


sette

4 Years Ago

hi crowley they make me see the other side of life it is true only men make life complex but the fac.. read more
Nakakaiyak ito, Tama aanhin mo naman mataas na salary kung mas maraming bata iyong hanggan ngayon gusto matuto pero hindi makapagaral kaso walang pampaaral. Mas mabuti na nakatulong ka sa mga batang mas nangangailangan. Iyan din ang plano ni God para sa iyo kaya alam kong magiging happy ka sa napili mong gawin o tahakin.

Posted 5 Years Ago


sette

4 Years Ago

tama ka marie challenge na mahalin sila at mahalin din ako pero ewan ko ba cute talaqa sila
WOW! WOW! And WOW! This is a million-dollar share! I can't decide what I love the most, your writing or your heart, that you show so beautifully & vivid here, without seeming like you even realize you are doing that. In other words, you share so modestly, but your way of seeing the world is so precious, this makes you look like an angel. I'm very touched. I've always admired teachers to the moon & back, but this reaches out and grabs us! (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


sette

4 Years Ago

thanks margie and hugs back to you after being diagnosed with ra i thought it was the end of the jou.. read more
those simple days are so meaningful and precious... it sounds like you have come to appreciate them more for all the right reasons.. bless you my dear sette.. you have clearly found your way and despite every hardship, you have come through stronger, more insightful, self aware and confident... You are writing again too... cant be bad..... Neville :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


sette

4 Years Ago

thanks my friend i just cant ignore the calling anymore

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 30, 2019
Last Updated on March 30, 2019

Author

sette
sette

Writing
coffee coffee

A Story by sette


hurt hurt

A Poem by sette



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


2019 2019

A Story by sette