Don't Forget Me

Don't Forget Me

A Story by BloodyMary
"

This was my most popular story on the other website.

"

As the car made contact with my fragile body, all our memories passed by my eyes. I didn’t think about the pain. I thought about the things I would miss: My High School graduation, getting married, having children. And then, I thought about you. Your smile, your soft hair, the sound of your laugh. All of that would be gone, out of my reach, but the memories will never fade. I will never forget you. You will eventually move on, but all I ask from you, is remember me. Remember our good times, and remember our bad times. Remember our fights, and remember our apologies.

My body lands in a heap on the side walk. Blood forms a pool around me. I hear screams from all directions. The car swerves and hits a tree. The driver, injured and clearly intoxicated, stumbles out of the car to my side. “I’m so sor-” He slurs before I lose consciousness.

After what feels like century , I come to my senses. Brief images are played like a movie. People are yelling as ambulances arrive on scene. I formed a lump in the back of my throat, when I saw that you weren’t there. The pain of the accident sank in, and I quietly cried out in pain. My Mother rested my head on her lap as she silently wept.

A car tore down the road and stopped by one of the ambulances. Out you stepped of car and my slowing heart skipped a beat. Before you could get to my body, a paramedic stopped you and said something I could not hear. You ran past him to my side and knelt down. Tears streamed down your face. 
“I love you,” You choked. I could feel myself being lifted up onto the stretcher.
You took hold of my hand, and kissed me on my bloody lips. I looked you straight in the eyes and said, “I love you too”, but it only came out as a whisper. Doctors all around me rushed, but it was as if they were in slow motion.
I realized that my final seconds were passing. I gripped your hand and said,

“Don’t forget me”, as my heart beat it’s last time.

© 2011 BloodyMary


Author's Note

BloodyMary
When this was first uploaded on the other website, it was from the top of my head. Apperently, people liked it. Do you?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

aw. very sad, but enjoyable. great write.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

467 Views
1 Review
Added on November 11, 2011
Last Updated on November 14, 2011

Author

BloodyMary
BloodyMary

Hamilton, Canada



About
FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK more..

Writing
Hangs Hangs

A Poem by BloodyMary