Gigi the belly dancer,part one

Gigi the belly dancer,part one

A Story by bluessadmood
"

this needs still more work,Gigi is going into lots of trouble far more than her belly dancing will cause he

"
Previous Version
This is a previous version of Gigi the belly dancer,part one.



 

The belly dancer

the night club was so hot and sweltering, smoke filled the air there was great uproar ,shouting and clapping, all the customers ,so tipsy ,but still were so excited and agitated all eyes fixed to the stage, all eyes fixed on the stage ,on the girl on the stage ,a belly dancer she was doing ecstatic moves .

Oh yes, that was Gigi, the well known dancer, people come to this dump, a place called the Stars, just to see her.

First there will be announcement ,ITS GIGI,that will be enough to send everyone so wild and out of composure ,YES GIGI,all will shout ,GIVE US THE BEST SHAKE,they will go on shouting ,until Gigi will show herself on stage she was about thirty years old ,medium height ,face so rond and very black hair ,she was not so thin ,her belly will show a little protruding ,you will say what's this ,but as Gigi starts her move ,you can not but be taken away with the great moves ,it seems all her body will move to the music, and in such harmony ,that you will wonder how many hours has she practiced to do it ,but you are wrong ,for Gigi will never practice ,she has been dancing since her childhood, in her bed room in the bathroom ,where ever ,her body just like to move and in such harmony ,that by the age sixteen everybody noticed her ,by the age twenty ,lots of men tried to take her into their clubs ,to do a belly dancing ,they knew she will bring lots of profit ,in no time ,the only thing why Gigi did not hit it to the end and in very short time ,its that those night club owners were also more or less just pimps ,men would like to take Gigi out to spend the night with her ,but no gigi will never do it ,she just hated fatty greasy men ,she loathed the touch of their hands ,not for millions she said ,this is not what I came here for

and yes once she is on stage she will take your breath away ,she will move all her body at the same time ,and then each peace at a time as she liked ,its as if she wants to defy our physioanatomy ,those joints could never move by themselves alone ,but Gigi did.

it was when she moved her belly and her hips and pelvis each at its own time and in such a sequence and all the way she will follow the music ,the violin ,the drummer ,she is so good that that the musicians will try to taunt her by suddenly changing the tune so her moves will look bizarre and not following the tunes ,but no Gigi will get it right away ,the tune that was going well with moving her hips will stop right away ,so that her belly could take up to the different slow tune and go in a better harmony ,they could never fool Gigi ,never ,belly dancing was her life .

 

© 2008 bluessadmood


Author's Note

bluessadmood
life is so strange in many ways



Reviews

Is this the entire first part? This is my first look at a work here. I am not sure if i am missing something, or not.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

bluessadmood

6 Years Ago

thank you for reading.
I have seen belly dancing..never read it..I think you did a great job of describing Gigi, her abilities, and life..

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

bluessadmood

10 Years Ago

thank you,i am glad you liked her,ha ha.
Renée

10 Years Ago

love belly dancing ( :
..........
GiGi.....her name alone is intriguing. And her moves are amazing! I like how you made her older - yet no one can take their eyes off of her. This is captivating.....then later you give background into her story. She's an exciting character!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm a little curious about the story's grammar. Why the lack of capital letters and long, run on, comma filled sentences? There's certainly nothing wrong with it. I'm just curious to understand the logic behind it.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh I like Gigi! She sounds like she has brains as well as talent.
You captured all the exciting moves of "belly dancing" so well.
Wonderful description that made me feel as if I was there
watching her.

A great read! Now on to the next exciting part....

Helena :)


This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


Extremely intriguing. Your story captures the very essence of Gigi. You describe both her and her dance moves so well that I feel like I have seen her dance. Excellent job with descriptiveness. I also like the internal awareness that she shows. Describing her personality made her seem much more real than if you had just written about her dancing.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like this Gigi. I once took a belly dance class and can tell you I discovered muscles I never knew existed...and didn't learn to master. : ( I applaud all belly dancers for doing what they do....so magical...could charm a snake! I like that Gigi upholds her dance to her standards...and can keep up with the band, no matter how they try to trip her up. haha! Love it. I do dance...not the belly dance...but I love her because she can move with the music, which I can relate to. Also....good that she upholds her other standards...and doesn't let the club owners have their way. Much love to Gigi!!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


I am drawn to this piece. I will probably continue reading. Your English is not perfect, but I think that adds something SO MUCH to this story. There's something so honest in those flaws that makes this story genuine. Also, this story is unique. There are no others I have read like it. Of course, there have been stories of people overcoming adversity and using their talents to get them somewhere, but never have I seen it done with belly dancing. Very nice. :) I'll have to recommend this to friends. Thanks for recommending it to me!!
KH

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


There was something I found in this that was sad: Gigi was a strong person in a weak world, a world that wanted to take advantage of her. It will be interesting to see where you take this.

There were some grammatical problems with this, as you probably are aware. It's not something I can let go of completely, considering my training, but I understand your difficulties. I suspect you are struggling with a non-English keyboard, which would explain the positioning of the commas. One thing that would be easier to improve would be your sentence length. Some are really two sentences separated by a comma, instead of a period.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


Life is strange but beautiful. And it is very much a dance.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 25, 2008
Last Updated on May 11, 2008

Author

bluessadmood
bluessadmood

Iraq



About
The Music I like,the Carpenter,all their songs and albums,The Super Tramps,one of their songs ,reminds me of a girl who nearly broke my heart,still feel the pain ,no ,no i will not tell who ,I like t.. more..

Writing
warda warda

A Story by bluessadmood



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..