Ninth April,The Time We Were Declared A Free Country

Ninth April,The Time We Were Declared A Free Country

A Story by bluessadmood
"

A Comedy-Tragedy Story

"

 

April, 9th, i reached Jordan, flying from Yemen; I had been watching the news on the tele for the past few days...
And as I sat in my hotel room, I remembered family, mother and sister all alone...
I used to hear and see all that bombardments, all those shells I saw on tele,how nice they were
Better than any film I would have loved to see, I wondered if any left there to see, so I went to see
In Jordan, in my hotel...lying on bed i used to think, what if, what if...
Everyday I go to the foreign affairs they tell me no way to Iraq, all roads blocked. Its war
And I waited just a little more, it was tomorrow the first lights of day. A car will take me in
Four years been away. Just could not wait to see if anybody is left to see
So in I went, no customs on border, no police no nothing...
Only American soldier on border waived his hands...hello
Was so happy...i was on Iraqi lands, i saw loved ones and been home...
First few days, I saw peace not a shot was here...
But alas took no more than thirty days and it flared again
You can hear bombings and shelling every where
 And I asked what’s wrong we have been ok
They told me it’s a change of plans. Lots on the way...
I said which plans and who made them
And they told me...you just sit back and enjoy the show
For its going to take too long. I was dazed
I asked...is it days or weaks
And they said months and years till eternity
And I laughed for inside me I knew it all the way
It’s never going to be sunshine and roses
But to get this dark I never thought, it will be this way
So I asked God if it’s not too much to ask
Dear God either make and end of it, or just take me away
I would love to be with you. This is too much burden I can’t bear no more
God just help ease this burdened soul, for I can not take any more
 
 

© 2017 bluessadmood


Author's Note

bluessadmood
it what happened to me,and millions around me, on the ninth of April 2003..
I wrote this in the dark ,as usual we had no light,its wonderful writing on candle light

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

In my opinion, the invasion of your nation on behalf of the western oil industry is the greatest war crime since the holocaust of world war two.
It was based on lies, the majority of citizens in my 'democratic' country, (england/britain) was opposed to it, but the b*****d politicians followed bush anyway. I'm currently following the Chilcot enquiry that is investigating the possibile illegalities of the occupation and, as expected, vital evidence is being witheld that would see Tony Blair and co charged with war crimes. It was based on the most ridiculous lie imaginable. I mean, if Iraq had WMD's I imagine they would have been used in retaliation to the carpet bombings of innocent people. There is no freedom in the west...unless you can afford it- I'm just sorry that the free spirited among us couldn't do enough to stop the atrocities.
This is just another case of poor killing poor on behalf of the rich elite...or maybe it's all a coincidence that Bush and Bin Laden families are heavily involved in oil industries and I'm just paranoid. As far as I'm concerned the whole thing was a set up from start, (9/11), to finish...(when the oil runs out).
This is an excellent write and I'd like to offer belated thanks for your review of my work., take care, spence

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A nice flow of thoughts although most are sad thoughts, written almost poetically, actually prose. So often, war is glorified especially in the media. It is not often we get to hear, or read, the thoughts of those who are surviving in the places ravaged by war. I have often thought that if we could all learn to see and love each other as brothers or friends, really get to know one another personally, wars may cease....but then I recall civil wars where even siblings fought on opposite sides. Much of the reality of life is so very sad and hard to accept. But, through it all, we learn and become stronger. I am glad you are still here and able to share your thoughts with us. I pray your country will soon know peace, my friend.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"So I asked God if it's not too much to ask
Dear God either make and end of it, or just take me away
I would love to be with you. This is too much burden I can't bear no more
God just help ease this burdened soul, for I can not take any more"

Extremely haunting part of this write. I can only imagine exactly what's going on there, but your piece gives such description and captures interest in your accounts. Very well written!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This reads almost like a poem--the flow of thought was really well done, I loved it.
It reminded me of you, sitting back in bed and just remembering all of this--the commas and dot dot dots with no sentence breaks helped this flow as one piece and gave me a feeling of a 'stream of consciousness'.
Such a great write, I wouldn't know how to criticize it. Very good!

~Scott

Posted 15 Years Ago


what a sad piece of writing... thanks goodness you are still with us....but yes this is the first free day of Iraq and soon everything will be solved. I am having compassion with your beautiful country and all the civilians, all the nice people. Thank you for sharing with us!

Posted 15 Years Ago



4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2805 Views
34 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 9, 2009
Last Updated on June 25, 2017

Author

bluessadmood
bluessadmood

Iraq



About
The Music I like,the Carpenter,all their songs and albums,The Super Tramps,one of their songs ,reminds me of a girl who nearly broke my heart,still feel the pain ,no ,no i will not tell who ,I like t.. more..

Writing
warda warda

A Story by bluessadmood



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..