he won the battle

he won the battle

A Poem by Kaitlyn
"

i no i write about the same guy in pretty much all of my work but this is special to me.

"

He seduces her

she moans for the feeling

she is falling quickly

expecting him to catch her.

he moves out of the way

he watches as she makes her landing

watching in satisfaction

he looks at her and sees nothing special

she looks up at him and sees the eyes of her maker

he knows what he has done and feels sweet satisfaction

leaving her there to fend for herself

 

 

© 2008 Kaitlyn


Author's Note

Kaitlyn
this sounded really good to me in my head so im sorry if it doesnt sound as good on paper.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is what can happen when one person in a relationship is more in love than the other. I've been there and feel for you, Kaitlyn.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Yup ! He was her maker.
I hope what she sees in his eyes will register
enough so she will avoid it in the future.
This is a very clever poem, full of symbolism and
truisms.
Very well done.
RATE: 100 %
---- Eagle Cruagh

Posted 15 Years Ago


I think you made your point , this person you cant get out of your life seems like a loser, you need enough guts to go on with your life, i wish you well and keep writing and let it all out good and bad.

Posted 16 Years Ago


i think this has a unique and solid image to get your view across and make the reader feel what you felt. the thought of someone falling back.. giving complete trust.. then seeing the man heartlessly step aside and watch her smack the pavement, satisfied with the pain he's caused he walks away as she lay there helpless and broken. I can see perfectly where you were going with this and i think it's awsome. I'd agree with lady Sphinx in a sense that i'd like to see you expland and wrap my mind completely in deeper imagery, but it's solid if you chose to leave it as is. Great write!

Posted 16 Years Ago


AWW :D
hmm.....im kinda thinking that i am in a similar situation..huh?
over all i really like it especially the line when you said "she is falling quickly expecting him to catch her, he moves out of the way" ... because it was a great attention grabber to start off the poem...plus i can relate. good work :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


Hey, I think you have the makings of a very good poem here. The concept of showing both sides/emotions is unique!
To offer some advice:
I would beef it up a little bit. Perhaps add a few more stanzas to help give better insight into the piece.
You obviously have talent and ideas, you just need to fine-tune the mechanics a bit.
Thanks for sharing!

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
6 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 7, 2008
Last Updated on May 21, 2008

Author

Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn

somewhere else



About
Hey my names Kaitlyn! I have alot of drama in my life, there is never a day when I dont put too much of my heart into things. I have recently had alot of problems in my life and writing has definantly.. more..

Writing
Egg-shells Egg-shells

A Poem by Kaitlyn