Half Empty.

Half Empty.

A Poem by Kaitlyn
"

im not really sure what this is about i just know that this is how I feel

"

She kisses the dreams that aren't there

and dreams about him.

She has put her dreams to rest for the sake of what's left.

He has taken everything that means anything

and refuses to seal the hole.

And she is always left empty

because he's the only thing that ever kept her full.

 

© 2008 Kaitlyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
GC
No need to be so defensive in your Author's note, this poem definitely should make sure to most people who will read it. We're all at risk of meeting that someone who can mean everything and yet take everything for granted.

I guess the biggest problem is that people are often ignorant of how it feels to be left feeling so empty. The best thing to do is to learn from the pain and promise to never bring such pain unto others.

I enjoyed this piece very much. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews


For the most part, we are the only ones who can let people take things from us, and on the same note, we are the only ones who can fill up the holes, that leave us feeling unwhole. Patch the void with a littl time, that always works for me.

Don't underestimate yourself poetess, your sentiments are genuine, and quite universal.
Nice Job!

Antonio



Posted 15 Years Ago


I like this very much and I have felt that empty space before. I think we all have in one way or another. Thanks for sharing this with the world...Great write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


well i will focus on me ~LOL~ and me lives everyword of this poem. wonderfully written by a very loving person. you must me to share such deep emotions. love the style and context.

Posted 15 Years Ago


i think i understand this p0em...if itz wat i think it is....very nice way t0 put that complex feeling of lost love.....g0od j0b..

Posted 15 Years Ago


This poem made perfect sense to me; it's quite unfortunate that there are multitudes walking through life who share this same emptiness. Ironically enough, it's often true when two have become one - emptiness has no prejudice. One person's hollowness is another's opportunity to fill the void, but it's always better to rely on one's self for wholeness. Our happiness shouldn't be dependent others.

~good job~

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
GC
No need to be so defensive in your Author's note, this poem definitely should make sure to most people who will read it. We're all at risk of meeting that someone who can mean everything and yet take everything for granted.

I guess the biggest problem is that people are often ignorant of how it feels to be left feeling so empty. The best thing to do is to learn from the pain and promise to never bring such pain unto others.

I enjoyed this piece very much. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I thought it was well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
7 Reviews
Added on May 12, 2008
Last Updated on October 9, 2008

Author

Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn

somewhere else



About
Hey my names Kaitlyn! I have alot of drama in my life, there is never a day when I dont put too much of my heart into things. I have recently had alot of problems in my life and writing has definantly.. more..

Writing
Egg-shells Egg-shells

A Poem by Kaitlyn