Only 15.

Only 15.

A Poem by Kaitlyn
"

No one ever prepared me for life being this hard.

"
Only 15 and already expierincing the world in ways she shouldnt.
She has seen the pain and suffering and worse yet... felt it.
Having to buy food to support her mom and sisters
because the worthless b*****d in the next room refuses to do it.
Shes felt the pain of suicide,
and shes felt the pain of lost love.
Shes seen the effects of drugs
and the ones she loves, abused.
She prays to god that things get better
She prays to god that she wont turn out like her mother.
Doing whatever she has to, to make sure they survive,
Forgetting about her needs and living in the lies.
But no one knows how things really are,
because she learned how to put her feelings aside.
Everyday is supposed to be a new beginning,
but to her its just another reason to hide.
 
 
 

 

© 2008 Kaitlyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I understand exactly (or almost exact) what you're going through. My life was once very similar to this. Just keep your head up, and stay on the right path. My life got better, but it was only after I told someone what was going on. Reguardless of what you choose, know that none of it is your fault. I know it's hard, I still live with the scars of that old life, and sometimes old things resurface, but things are so much better now. Don't wait until it's too late to do something. Because sometimes the only way to protect the ones you love, is to get some sort of help. I tried to do things myself, protecting my loved one, but it didn't work out as I thought. My life isn't perfect but it's better. And this poem was really great. It touched my heart and my soul. Keep writing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Ah, the futility of being too young.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Yes life is hard, but always remeber God doesnot give you more then you cand bare. hang in there's always hope, always.

Thanks for your entry in my contest and the best of luck.

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
No
this truly makes my heart break,
i've gone through many of the things mentioned in this poem.
you probably don't want to hear that though, sometimes when i think about the hard times in my short, meaningless life, i just want to be the only person with problems. i want to be able to look at everyone elses lives and say "ha", you've never lived. you want to her that what you're going through isn't normal, and yu shouldn't be having to be dealing with us.
but those of us it is normal for, we were put on this earth because we were the only ones strong enough to handle it. and we're the ones who are going to survive on the other side of this hell.
don't worry about ending up like your mother, if you don't want it to happen, it won't.
youve got your own hopes and dreams girl, and if someone says no, shut your ears.
you can do anything you want. look, already you're supporting your family.
no one thought life was going to be this hard.

when things like this come up, people forget abut wants and needs, and look for ways to keep those around them alive. one thing i'll have to say, is don't forget about yourself. the way you're going to be able to be there for those you care about and end up better than them in the long run is to care about yourself. they'll thank you. i learned that lesson the hard way, i starved, cut, stabbed, burned, drank, smoked, slept and sexed my way through highschool. i came out in a flash of bones, my arms scarred, and someone's child in my stomach. it left me too though.
it's tough, it's awful, but take it one day at a time.
things get better.
love helps, hey mrs. fifteen, if you ever need someone to talk to, i'm here.
i know i don't know you, but i know what it's like to be alone. and i know how much any type of friend helps.

you're a wonderful, talented poet, and i look forward to reading more of your work.

(sorry for the novel)
but this touched me.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm fifteen and I understood everything you said here, and I liked that I could do that without having to analyze everything to figure out what it meant. It's really touching and in my opinion, it gets the perfect amount of emotions across, not too little so it doesn't mean anything, but not too much so I'm caught up in all of the emotion and kind of overlooking the actual written words. No one's life is perfect, but no one should have to go through what you did.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This proves that life is not all about the Disney Channel.

I've been through hard times in my life, but nothing quite as bad as what you've been through. No 15 year old should go through this. But keep your chin up � tomorrow is another day (please excuse the clich�).

This was a fine poem. I can't wait to read more.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Whoa.... Nobody should have to go through that at such a young age. Whoa is all I've really got to say...

Posted 15 Years Ago


I can definitely relate to this. Replace "she" with "he", and this would almost be an exact description of the first thirteen years of my life. Fortunately, things have gotten better for me this past year, and I hope the same happens to you. This poem has really touched me, you are amazing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow. Very good. Emotional. Made me want to reach into the screen and help her.

Posted 15 Years Ago


i'm sorry you have to deal with all of this. i've been through some tough times, too, and it ain't easy. you can't give up, man. you can't give up.

good write, but very sad...again, i'm sorry you have to deal with all of this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Nobody should have to live like that at 15 at all. I know that working on keeping your life and everyone else's together gives you something to focus on, but be careful about putting your feelings aside. It can really be a b***h trying to fix them up when you have to deal with them. I kind of know a little bit about that, my situation wasn't even close to a quarter as bad as yours, but I know a little about dealing with emotions. Take each problem and deal with small parts of it each day. Take some time before you go to sleep or whatever and reflect on it, then change it. It might help doing it little by little rather than taking it all on in one big sweep.

On the critical side, there is a lot of power behind your words. They carry that tone of burying one situation with another, using it as a disguise. Good job on this piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

453 Views
13 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 11, 2008
Last Updated on July 16, 2008

Author

Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn

somewhere else



About
Hey my names Kaitlyn! I have alot of drama in my life, there is never a day when I dont put too much of my heart into things. I have recently had alot of problems in my life and writing has definantly.. more..

Writing
Egg-shells Egg-shells

A Poem by Kaitlyn