I'm 18 and I'm still young.

I'm 18 and I'm still young.

A Story by Rassoul
"

to the young people, be strong.

"
I'm such a young soul, a young soul who has to take a lot of mature decisions at a young age. I have to take decisions about my current and my future life, like school, you've to choose what to study and depends on it you'll have your future job. You're not even sure if your decisions is wrong or right, you just have to decide because your decision will shape your entire future life. Isn't it weird? A person's mature life depends on an Eighteen years old kid's decision, word up.
They tell you what is wrong and what is right, they tell you what to eat, where to sit and what you should do about a lot of things when you're young, and one year later, when you're 'mature' enough as they say, you take your own decisions, wrong or right? who cares, as long as the results will only mess you up.
You've to choose the love of your life, the one who is going to live more than twenty years with you, the one who's going to share every moment with you and you've to decide if this person is right or wrong for you, your call.
You'll get into some relationships, real love or fake one you just have to go through it, you'll have a lot of heartbreaks, it is a normal thing for a teen but you're still young for all this pain. Pain changes people.
I'm eighteen, I'm still going through a lot of stuff to have more experience about everything, so when I take a decision, I hope it's right. I'm eighteen and I'm still young.
-Rassoul.

© 2017 Rassoul


Author's Note

Rassoul
Just some opinions about teenage stuff.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I will review in Arabic just for once because I wanna speak from my heart 😢
اول مقطع صح جداااااا و الثانوية العامة خير دليل ، بيخلونا نختار مستقبلنا و حياتنا كلها واحنا لسه مش عارفين اي حاجه ف الدنيا
تاني مقطع تحفة وفعلا هو ده اللي بيحصل للاسف تحكم ف كل شيء
الخلاصة المقطع جميل ومعبر وصادق جدا
Keep it up 😃✌

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

القصة رائعه جدا و لكن لديك أخطاء في القواعد. أتمنى أن تصححها حتى لا تفقد القصه رونقها. مع ذلك القصة تبدي افكار المراهقين جميعا و هي حقا مؤلمة.

Posted 6 Years Ago


so well written :) decisions are the major part of life and when you're young and 18 as you say , decisions are the life that one is going to deal with. This piece is something every teenager has to give a look. thank you and cheers.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Yah that is what some of us went through too... your work is enjoyable

Posted 6 Years Ago


I love the honesty of this piece, it is really real. I love it!

Posted 6 Years Ago


so true...so true this is.....hahha...wonderful work omar!
nicely penned.

Posted 6 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Vic
Well captured, and accurate. Here's a little secret from a 20 something who recently went through this: yes you have to make decisions, but what you decide isn't set in stone. Choices will change and you'll find yourself in crazy places doing things you never even knew existed. Enjoy the ride, it's about to get wilder.

Posted 6 Years Ago


You've summed up the confusion and problems of our teens in such tiny paragraphs! That's admirable. I liked this story.

Love,
Vasilees.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I remember feeling just like this at 18. I'm 24 and I still feel this way. Its these years where you are expected to act like an adult when you don't even understand what that means yet. You are trapped in a state of being too old to be a child but too young to be taken seriously as an adult. Growing up was something no one was prepared for.
I think if you cleaned up your writing here you would have the beginnings of a short YA novel.

Posted 6 Years Ago


As teenagers, pressure is there from all sorts, school, family, friends, love life, etc..
But we also learn with anything that comes at us in our teenage years and have it as a memory, either good to remember or good to learn from.

I really liked your piece, reminded me of my teenage years, and oh boy what a ride has it been!

Thank you for sharing Rassoul :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


• I'm such a young soul, a young soul who has to take a lot of mature decisions at a young age.

Pretty much every eighteen year old can make this statement. So unless you define why, and show it as a story, what are you telling any reader that they can't say about their own situation at that age?

• They tell you what is wrong and what is right,

They? Unless we know who "they" are, this is a statement that might be true—like "mashed potatoes have no bones—but what is it relevant too? Why does it matter to the reader? In reality, all this boils down to: "At eighteen the world is scary, but it's time to stop taking orders and start taking charge of our lives."

My point is that to make your point, write a story in which someone just turned eighteen is forced to face life, and understand what it means to be fully responsible for their fate. Make the reader live it, not hear about it in synopsis. Wouldn't that be more fun?



Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1339 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 17, 2017
Last Updated on June 17, 2017
Tags: Young, Eighteen, People

Author

Rassoul
Rassoul

Cairo, Egypt



About
I write to survive, I write to satisfy the devil inside. Omar Ashraf who also known as Rassoul. more..

Writing
I can't I can't

A Story by Rassoul



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Broken Promises Broken Promises

A Story by Dana


Am Blind... Am Blind...

A Poem by Surya