Chapter 1:Depression

Chapter 1:Depression

A Chapter by bonbon7810
"

A fiction story I just though of. It actually made me sad although I didn't experience this!

"

      Tears run down my face as the news strikes me for the first time since I found out the bad news. I feel a hole and it grows bigger every minute he isn't with me anymore. It is like falling deeper and deeper into a dark hole.

   

         I lay in my room all day and all night realizing he is gone and he isn't coming back. The church bells ring reminding me of the funeral.  I find enough energy to stand up and dress myself in appropriate clothes.

 

     I move slowly and refuse to speak. I am too depressed. The motor starts. I sit back and prepare myself for what I know will be the worst day of my life.

 

      I walk into the chapel and relatives hug me and give me their sympathy. I take a seat in the pew closest to the front of the church. "We gather here today to honor the life of Jonothan Benjamin Brown, and mourn his death. He was a beloved father to April Brown. A wonerful son to Karen Derny Brown and Harry Brown. . A great little brother to Wyatt Brown and a great friend to all." The priest says.

  

   I'm already sobbing. I swallow hard and stare at the stained glass windows. I hear my cue and I stand from my pew and walked up to the altar.

 

    " Jonothan Brown, was my father but he wasn't just a father he was my best friend. We could talk about anything. When he was diagnosed with cancer he fought hard and it went away. Then just six months ago it came back. Two days ago he passed away. He may be gone, but he'll always be in my heart. Dad, I love you!" I say.

 

     There is a little after-celebration at my house, but I don't understand why you celebrate death. I run up to my room and cry until no more tears will come out.  When I walk back downstairs everyone from the funeral is gone, except my Uncle Wyatt and his wife Rebecca, who I have been living with since my dad was first diagnosed with cancer. "April,sweetie there is some food on the stove if you would like any." My Aunt Rebecca smiled. I shook my head.

 

    "Not hungry." I groan. She shrugs and picks up the local newspaper. "I'm going to go outside for a little while." I manage to choke out. My aunt nods and continues reading. I walk out the door and take a seat on the glider on the front patio. It used to be where my father and I would stargaze and talk everynight. It made me bawl everytime I thought of him. I knew this wasn't like a cold, where it would bug you for a while and go away, no this was like a life long sentence to jail.

 

     I sat there just thinking. It was starting to get dark,but I was not ready to go in. Out of the corner of my eye I could see my Aunt Rebecca peering at me through the blinds. I lay my head down on the glider's cushion and closed my eyes. I fall asleep. Nighmares fill my empty mind. The images are vivid. My dad his last breath. His eyes shutting and never opening again. I cry and scream in my sleep until I feel a gentle hand brush my cheek. "It will be okay." Uncle Wyatt whispered and I fell back asleep.

 

 

 

 



© 2010 bonbon7810


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks guys!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I hope you write more! I was wondering how this girl would cope! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love the emotional virtue that is portrayed at the beginning. It really grabs the reader's attention. I can't wait to read more of this. I love the title, too. Great work!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 24, 2010
Last Updated on April 27, 2010


Author

bonbon7810
bonbon7810

OH



About
** I literally wrote all of this & my writing when I was in middle school...*I have always loved stories and books ever since I was like six months old and my mom would read to me, so it is no surpris.. more..

Writing
</3

A Story by bonbon7810


The Search The Search

A Story by bonbon7810