Nightmares

Nightmares

A Story by K.

Their screams seem to sprint into my ears, constricting my brain and hurting my heart. I reach to comfort a bloody child near my feet, but he acts like I kicked him, cowering in fear and wailing in a glass-breaking pitch. Only one comes near me, she stands and walks to me, her arms outstretched, as if to give me a hug. She reaches me and her blue eyes twitch to a smokey grey, pupils like gears. She goes in to hug me, I stand stunned, then hug her back until I find myself out of breath. I try and pull back, finding myself eye to eye with the grey gears, her mechanical hands cutting off my air flow. I kick at her stomach, which just causes me to lose energy and her to tighten her grip, so I stop. Suddenly, I’m outside of my body, watching myself die. She laughs as my eyes darken, losing the light of life; the color drains from my face and I fall limp, my eyes little crescents. The area around my neck is already red and turning blue-black. I want to step forward and stop her but I can’t, my feet are like they are glued to the pavement. I flicker back to my body for a second, staring up at her sneered grin, her grey, mechanical eyes. They’re the last thing I see before the Death’s dark cloak.


 I jump, finding myself back in the dark bedroom and tucked tightly in your arms. I run my hands over my face, damp with sweat, and I try to sneak out of your grasp. I reach the end of the bed and it creaks, you snatch my wrist, pulling me back and causing me to scream. You jolt awake, shouting something about me and not leaving. We look at each other, startled and at other ends of the bed. We know why we’re both awake: nightmares.

© 2013 K.


Author's Note

K.
Okaaaay, so I just wrote this and I just want to know what y'all think. It may not be up for long because I don't think it's that good. It's just a little different than what I usually do I guess, so please be brutally honest. Thanks for reading :)

P.S. I know you guys are SUPER excited of my double publishings tonight (note to internet: need a sarcasm font.)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very good. That was one hell of a scary nightmare. I hope this isn't from personal experience.

"and at other ends of the bed" would sound better "and at opposite ends of the bed" to me. Or, "and at opposing ends of the bed".

Otherwise it's very good.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

K.

10 Years Ago

Sadly, it is from personal experience. I woke up and I couldn't breathe, it was probably one of the .. read more



Reviews

Very good. That was one hell of a scary nightmare. I hope this isn't from personal experience.

"and at other ends of the bed" would sound better "and at opposite ends of the bed" to me. Or, "and at opposing ends of the bed".

Otherwise it's very good.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

K.

10 Years Ago

Sadly, it is from personal experience. I woke up and I couldn't breathe, it was probably one of the .. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sam
Nice. I love how to tie it all together in the end. Even when you were telling about your dream it was so descriptive and felt so real. You can certainly craft such emotions with your words. You have a talent a real talent.
Thank you for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sam

10 Years Ago

* Stupid keys... it was meant to say don't doubt your writing.
K.

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Sam! You are so helpful and sweet :)
Sam

10 Years Ago

Anytime Kassie and you are pretty sweet yourself.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 17, 2013
Last Updated on July 17, 2013

Author

K.
K.

TX



About
I am 19 years old, I am majoring in political science, with a minor in military studies. I volunteer at a horse therapy center for people with disabilities, I'm on my college rowing team, and I love t.. more..

Writing
Mistakes Mistakes

A Story by K.


Here Here

A Story by K.


Mileage Mileage

A Story by K.