Phantom "D" Beckons

Phantom "D" Beckons

A Poem by Bonnie Paige

     In the terror chambers of my mind, twisted life hammered down by life's afflictions.
Far from home, my weary heart cried...no husband today, same as yesterday, this is the military life!
Single - married Air Force Wife. Strangers, I and all. 
     My children look into the skies, somewhere their daddy might return.  They even made new friends
last week.  Bills paid, homework done, the water pipes caused a flood.  I cry from the loneliness, I cry for home, so very far away.  Mental loss of mind, I take to music deliverance.
     
     Dull and dark the silent day, errands run my spirits low.
The car now broken, sits abandoned on the side of the road.
The walk to home, so long, so slow - unaided - my husband's protection in the wastelands of Arabia.
     Twisted mind misleading, begins the closing on factual life.  The children off to school, the dishes done,
household in perfect array.   Space and time a - mighty abyss - the school bus sends the children home.  
Is it today or was it yesterday, I question the month the day the year?
     Here I lay in the rushing pit, darkness over all; hazy life surrounds the sounds.
Is this my body, is this my soul, have I left the earth's deepened, blackened, sorrows?
Am I alive or am I dead?  I open my eyes to the sunlight.
I made it to a brand new day, a newer year to come.
They've tucked me away in a safety room, all cool and calm and numb.
Wobble here, shiver there, my head and body floats.   But, I hear or did I hear the bellowing call of                                                         
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           PHANTOM D.                

© 2015 Bonnie Paige


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you Nipplegrinder. Anyone who visits as a guest can not submit a review only members can. I've sent many friends to Writerscafe who do not want to join. So as a guest they see our work but can't
comment. I've got one at 1150 with very little comments .But thank you for your kind words.

Posted 6 Years Ago


This is an interesting poem. I've noticed that 403 people read your piece, yet none have been moved comment. Not all poetry is about praise, like you stated above.
But I will say, it moved me.
That's what poetry is.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Tell me there's more to poetry then just praising?

Posted 6 Years Ago


The question I always had for this poem, was it real or was it just a dream?

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

738 Views
4 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on April 17, 2015
Last Updated on April 17, 2015