Breakfast

Breakfast

A Story by Tirzah
"

A heartfelt breakfast that leads two lovers into a deeper relationship with each other.

"

     I woke up in his arms. He was WAY too perfect . He was truly the man of my dreams. And here he was, staring into my eyes as if willing me to wake up. “Good Morning babe,” he says as he kisses my forehead. His kiss sends electricity through my body. I smile and say, “Good morning Jake, my love.” I look into those same eyes that are staring into mine. I see an intense love. One that I can’t nor do I want to measure. All I know is that that love is as deep as his deep brown eyes. Maybe even deeper. He gently pulled me closer to him. I love being in his arms. I know from how he holds me that he would do anything for me. As our bodies get closer, his body heat becomes overwhelming. Our bodies are so close now they feel like one. I run my hands through his disheveled dreads. Last night was amazing. My body was still craving more of his touch. I looked into his eyes and saw that my desire mirrored his. I decided to act on it. I kissed his lips passionately, yet gently. I pressed my body even closer to his. His hands found their way to my bare back. His hands felt like icicles, but my body was so hot that his icy hands melted against my skin. There we found ourselves tangled in the sheets, body to body, skin to skin, touch to touch, tongue to tongue, and heart to heart. We were enamored with each other. Nothing else existed in that moment, except for our empty stomachs. He felt my stomach gurgling. “Baby,” he whispered sweetly against my neck. “Yes?” I managed to respond as a partial moan escaped my lips. “What do you want for breakfast?” He asked as he began to kiss my neck.

     ”You,” I responded.


He laughed, “Well I’m not on the menu.”


I climbed on top of him, “You should be.” I kissed his lips before he could respond. As I began to nibble on his lips, he turned me over and began tickling me. I began laughing hysterically.

     ”STOP!!!!! OK fine!!!! You win!!!!!" He stopped and had such a twinkle in his eye. With mock frustration I said, “How dare you interrupt my desire for your stomach!!!!”

He laughed, “It's not for my stomach, it's for yours! Besides I’ll make your favorite, french toast with beef sausage patties and bagels.”

My stomach perked up and growled once again. This time I gave in. “Ok. Don’t forget my powdered sugar and strawberry cream cheese!”


     “I won’t.” He said. He kissed my forehead. “Stay put. I’ll be back in a second with your food. Just stay here and be sexy.” He put on his robe and embarked to the kitchen. I smile and yawned. I loved how he loved to cook for me. I could tell he really enjoyed cooking too. He was such a jack of all trades. Besides being such a good cook, he could sing like nobody’s business. Then whenever I was having trouble with my computer or anything technical, he would fix it. I loved him so much. I looked at the time. 10:43 AM. I had some stuff I needed to do today. 

      I decided that I’d take a shower and clean up, then put some clothes on. I always left some clothes over at his house for occasions like this one. I hopped in the shower and as the water sprayed on my back, I thought about what had happened the night before. Last night was the most passionate, intimate night I had ever spent with any man. He handled my body with such care. His hands seemed as if they knew every nook and cranny of my body. His touch and his kiss fueled my fire for him. As I began to lather up, I started thinking about what our life would be like together. I’m sure we would have arguments, but the making up after would be FLAWLESS!! I smiled at the thought of the kind of children we would have. I thought about growing old with him. That’s when I realized I couldn’t live my life without him. I began to cry at the thought of losing him. I didn’t know why I was so emotional.

     ”Baby are you ok?” I didn’t know he could hear me crying.

     ”Baby I’m fine.” I turned off the water and stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body. Seconds later, he walked in. He stood at the door and scanned my wet, towel-covered skin. He saw the tears in my eyes. He walked towards me and began to wipe my eyes.

     ”Baby why are you crying? Is everything ok?” I began crying even more. He cared about me so much. 

He pulled me in his arms. “Shhhh baby, everything’s going to be fine.” He continued to wipe my tears. 

He put his hand on my chin and made me look in his eyes. “Tonya, I love you with all my heart. I don’t know what’s wrong but just know that I’m here for you. I will always be here for you. I love you with all my heart.” 

Jake pulled me closer to him then kissed me. He kissed all my tears away. Then he picked me up and carried me to the bed. He kissed my forehead, my cheeks, and my eyes. He then took the towel that covered my body and began to dry me. This was not the first time he has seen me naked. However, it was the first time he had total control of my nakedness. After he dried me, he pulled the covers over my body. Then he brought me breakfast on a tray and fed me every bite. After breakfast he brought me a robe and took me downstairs. He covered my eyes with a scarf and brought me to the piano. He sat down and started playing the first song we had written together. It brought back so many memories. At the right time I began singing. Jake played the piano like he had never played it before. When the song had finished there was silence. I thought I heard Jake walk away. “Jake? Jake?!” I took my blindfold off and there in front of me he was kneeling.

     ”Tonya, I love you with all my heart. You have been there for me when everyone else thought I would fail. You mean the world to me and I don’t want to live my life without you.” He began to tear up, “Tonya, when you smile I have hope. When you laugh, I feel peace. When you cry, I want to fix whatever problem or situation you’re in just so I can see you smile oand laugh again. Baby, when you sing, my heart beats with every note that comes out of your mouth. My life has never been the same since you came into it. Please do me the honor and the privilege of being my wife and future mother of my children.”

     With tears streaming down my face I said, “Fiance, get off your knees!! You know you have bad knees.” I helped him get off his knees then I kissed him with all the love in my heart. “I can’t live my life without you Jake. Of course I’ll be your wife.”

© 2016 Tirzah


Author's Note

Tirzah
I wrote this short story about 3 almost 4 years ago. I was imagining the perfect scenario in which I would love to be proposed. I decided to put my imagination on paper.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on October 31, 2016
Last Updated on October 31, 2016

Author

Tirzah
Tirzah

Baltimore, MD



About
Hello! My name is Tirzah. I am an Opera singer. I love to write as an escape from my musical life. I accept any criticism and feedback. I hope you enjoy what I write. Thanks for reading my hard work! more..

Writing
The "R" Word The "R" Word

A Poem by Tirzah