P.S. - IN MEMORY OF

P.S. - IN MEMORY OF

A Poem by Boris

Dear P.S. ,

 

Your days are numbered,

alas it is true,

thanks to the e-mail and the text-messages too.

Yet I recall the time when

you were my last hope,

the final salute

of forgotten sentiment

or perhaps just in lieu

of the truth we both knew.

 

Your eternal admirer

Boris G.

  

P.S. I Love You

 

© 2008 Boris


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Simplicity at a level of perfection!
I love it!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I enjoyed this poem though I feel curious as to know the story behind this piece.

Real poetry keeps the person guessing, the answers aren't clearly given.

Thanks for sharing this poem!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Ha! P.S. I love this! Great flow - marvelous idea all round. It even gave me a little chuckle. I happen to love the "Post Script" and use it quite often. Bravo Boris! You have successfully entertained me today.

Posted 15 Years Ago


interesting piece. Im guessing this is a farewell letter to an exgirlfriend who is gone now... great work

Posted 15 Years Ago


Ah, it seems like the end of something rather special and yet the strong feelings linger. I might guess what this is about...succinct and to the point. Strong write. Thank you.
Light,
Siddartha


Posted 15 Years Ago


Beautifully written! I confess to not knowing the definition of 'Lieu', maybe you could help me out there? There is defiantly a story to this, which was one thing I really loved about it as it leaves the reader hunger for an explanation, their mind jumping to conclusions. Really great!

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
jen
I picture this being sent right before the recipient is removed from speed dial, email and any other lists we keep of those we keep close... short, not so sweet but very to the point and enjoyable!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Delightful, light hearted but a bit on the grim side. Toni said it all better but I do try the snail mail every once in a while.
p.s. Happy Birthday, young man!

Posted 15 Years Ago


What I enjoy so thoroughly about this piece is that it is what it is about (imo). Not only are you writing about the demise of the letter and therefore the demise of the P.S., but the poem is a letter itself, with the P.S. saying what you really want to say. (And is the P.S. I love you in reference to the Beatles' song? "As I write this letter..." or the movie?) I take from this work that letter-writing has all but died, and therefore, the wonderful P.S. is no more... but as I have come to expect, more lies beneath the surface (or does it?) than meets the eye.

"...when you were my last hope, the final salute of forgotten sentiment..." These lines describe the P.S., it's role within the letter, perhaps even pointing to some way you used to work out your stories, with the punch, the potent truth, or the twist, at the very last....(of course I may be way off!)

In my mind the mystery lies here, in these words ..."or perhaps just in lieu of the truth we both knew." For with those words you connect me to the idea of you writing to a love, and what had not been said between you before. But then your sign-off is more distant than that: "Your eternal admirer" So, I am still wondering....

There is a lightness to the rhyming, and it appears lighthearted, but if indeed you are speaking of the written letter becoming extinct, then there is a deeper sentiment here.

I have a box of old letters...I remember writing letters...

Posted 15 Years Ago


Hmm..I would like to know what inspired you to write this....

p.s. It was very well done (smile).

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 17, 2008

Author

Boris
Boris

Melbourne, Australia



About
My life-long ambition is to become a child prodigy when I grow up. I have but one humble aim - to change the very fabric of space-time itself. My hobbies in my spare time include conducting my o.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..