Christmas is for Dogs Too

Christmas is for Dogs Too

A Story by benp

Toby is a sweet, loving, and affectionate dog who happens to live with The Tones. Every year at Christmas time, The Tones travel across America, singing at different events, and bringing Christmas cheer to all.

All but one: Toby.

Every year, when The Tones leave, Toby waits by the door anxiously for his family to return. After a few days, though, he gives up.

Then, one year, the tour gets canceled, and The Tones are forced to make Christmas dinner at home.

As The Tones prepare their Christmas feast, Toby does his best to help. In fact, Toby helps pick the tree The Tones will cut down, and even helps to bring it in to their home.

On Christmas day, the family sits together at their big table, laughing and sharing the warmth of the holiday.

And although they may not know it, Toby, who is sitting under the table waiting for a scrap of food to fall, is feeling the warmth as well.

When dinner is over, the kids (and Toby!) run to the tree and start opening gifts.

Toby sits, tail wagging, as the kids open their gifts, looking at their big smiles of delight.

When all the kids have opened their gifts, one present still remains.

“It is for you, Toby,” said Mrs. Tone, as she takes the box in her hand and opens the package. In it is a bone.

Toby will spend the rest of the night with the family, as they talk, chewing his bone, and enjoying all of the holiday fun.

When the family went to sleep, Toby slept in his nice comfy bed, stuffed, and happy as ever.

 

 

 

© 2013 benp


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
Added on December 16, 2013
Last Updated on December 16, 2013

Author

benp
benp

Writing
Take In the Air Take In the Air

A Poem by benp


Power To Um Power To Um

A Poem by benp