Reaching for the Singularity

Reaching for the Singularity

A Story by Brad MacDonald
"

A collapsed ode to conformity.

"
Fading ink etched in skin and sharp, pressed khaki’s invert. The faceless grind of time loops then bends, wearing smooth the details. Paths of rough, coarse stone stretch and become elastic, an even path to well-worn ideals where the near blind suffer their individuality. Masses fold and recombine with a practiced smirk into the many-armed Goddess, wreaking destruction to purge and reanoint her children, the blessed fools. Her reflection catches her eye and she can’t help but wonder at her beauty.

© 2014 Brad MacDonald


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A poetic read... in fact, I found this very intriguing. :)

(Forgive me, I don't know much about Shiva)
Whether we conform or follow our own path, breaking down or purging can be a good thing, you may find the true beauty of singularity.

Posted 9 Years Ago


society loves herself, wonders at her own beauty, and yet...the ink is fading, time is bending and the stone is coarse, rough...the ideals are worn and masses today combine and fold...rather than trying for change, the destruction is found in the apathy...

a stream of consciousness write that has many variables, and enough abstractness to apply to several different connotations.

jacob

Posted 9 Years Ago


Brad MacDonald

9 Years Ago

Thanks, Jacob! I'm happy to hear thats what you saw in the piece.
"Her reflection catches her eye and she can't help but wonder at her beauty" Beautiful... I love the different contrasts of this poem. Reminds me of infinity... thank you for sharing :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Brad MacDonald

9 Years Ago

I'm genuinely touched that something I wrote about our self-destructive tendencies would be describe.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 20, 2014
Last Updated on May 21, 2014
Tags: Shiva, conformity, destruction