My previous beings

My previous beings

A Poem by breakthebrokenone

In the dark all the ghosts of my previous beings come to light
This is their domain
Where the light cannot touch them
Where they need not be afraid
Because there is no higher power that can intimidate them
Or defend me from such beasts.

I used to call them my friends
And I would run to them with open arms and feel peace and tranquility in their presence
They were there through the happier times
And When no one else would accompany me through the shadows
The staunchly stood between me and the darkness
But little to my knowledge they were the darkness.

My previous beings remind me of who I once was and the shame I wear now holds no pride of them me who I used to be.
I longed to be here and I traded my happiness for a life that I hoped was filled with desire and courage and with a willfulness to say no to the ones who jeopardised such happiness that I spent so long dreaming about.

But that me is amongst them.
She stands small and frail and she looks up at me with big blue eyes and lips pursed into a pout that only a heartless being could turn a blind eye to.
Lips that are the colour of dying pink carnations that once sat in the vase on my desk and awaited patiently its dying breath.

Sometimes I wish I could go back to the me that I was. The me with weary eyes and innocence radiating from porcelain white flesh and the crimson red blood that flowed through articulate veins.

© 2017 breakthebrokenone


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Life is trickery. We will fall often.
"My previous beings remind me of who I once was and the shame I wear now holds no pride of them me who I used to be.
I longed to be here and I traded my happiness for a life that I hoped was filled with desire and courage and with a willfulness to say no to the ones who jeopardised such happiness that I spent so long dreaming about. "
I understand the above lines. I believe life is learning and trying not to repeat the same mistakes. Hard to return where we began. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 13, 2017
Last Updated on December 14, 2017

Author

breakthebrokenone
breakthebrokenone

christchurch, canterbury, New Zealand



About
I am 21. I would love to hear what my fellow poets think of my work. I post new work every second day. I have tattoos and love Leonard Cohen and Sylvia Plath. I listen to a lot of Lana Del Rey and I w.. more..

Writing