Judgment Day

Judgment Day

A Story by Bree Lynn

Connor lives in a family who doesn’t believe in God. Every Sunday he walks the long two miles to church just for his Sunday school. Every Sunday before he leaves he would ask his parents and older brother if they want to join him but they always just replied with the same old thing “You walk two miles to go to some dumb church who says you can go to Heaven, well boy I’m sorry but I got to tell you, you’re going to hell just for being a part of this family,” and then would go back to watching T.V.

          Connor and his family live in this little old house on the top of the hill in a little town in New Orleans. Connor was in his room when he heard the T.V. alarm go off. He ran into the living room where the rest of his family were and listened to the announcement, “Warning a hurricane has been spotted heading north of the Gulf of Mexico towards Bonner County LA. All persons are to take shelter in the highest point possible.”

          After Connor heard that he ran to the attic of his house behind his parents and brother. The storm went on for a total of 5 hours. After the storm was over neither Connor nor his family came down from the attic. They didn’t survive the storm. The family’s attic had caved in during the storm and drowned to death.

          Since they had passed it was their judgment day. Connor and his family were face to face with God and were being put in their place for eternity. Connor was saved and knew he was going to go through those golden gates to Heaven, when his family on the other hand have never been saved even though he asked them to plenty of times.

          Just like Connor thought he was taken to Heaven and his family sent to burn in Hell. After being in Heaven for a day or two Connor was starting to have second thoughts if he should have gotten saved and left his family behind. This was bothering Connor so much he went to God and asked him if he did the right thing. God told him “I’m going to let you answer that question yourself. If you were in Hell burning but with your family do you think you would regret it?” Connor knew he would and just wished he could have gotten his family to go to church and get saved too.

          *Connor wakes from his nightmare* He looks at the clock and sees its only 5:30 a.m. on Sunday morning. He goes back to sleep for a few more hours and wakes back up to the television talking and the fresh aroma of the toaster popping out a waffle. Connor realizes from his dream that today, this Sunday he needs to get his family to church and saved or he is going to be lonely in heaven while they are in hell burning for eternity.

          Connor gets up and makes his breakfast and then gets dressed as every other Sunday morning. He goes to the living room where his family always is and asks them once again to go to church with him. They reply the same thing as usual before he walks in front of the Television risking his family’s rath. “You guys need to go to church before one day you leave this world and end up burning in hell for eternity.” His family didn’t listen to a word he said and yelled at him to turn the T.V. back on.

          Connor left and walked the two miles to church. While at church he asked his Sunday school teacher to walk home with him and talk to his family. The Sunday teacher couldn’t walk with him but did agree to write them a letter. Connor took the note from the Sunday school teacher and walked the two miles with it tight in his hand. He walked in the door and handed his family the note and walked away slowly.

          Connor closed his door behind him but pressed his ear up against the wall to try and hear if they were reading the letter. He heard his mother read it out loud to the rest of his small family. A few seconds later he heard his mother tell them “Maybe he’s right what if we do burn in hell for the rest of eternity? I don’t want to. I think I’m going to go to church on Sunday.”

          That Sunday Connor didn’t walk to church on his own he had the rest of his family with him. At church that day his family got saved to make sure is anything was to happen to them that they would go to Heaven with Connor.

© 2014 Bree Lynn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on August 28, 2014
Last Updated on August 28, 2014

Author

Bree Lynn
Bree Lynn

Huntsville, AL



Writing
Judgment Day Judgment Day

A Stage Play by Bree Lynn