My life story: The day I lost my mom

My life story: The day I lost my mom

A Story by Breanna Riddle
"

This is the true story of the day i lost my mother.

"
It  was a sunny Wednesday in June. The little girl didn't want to go to school. She saw the bus coming and quickly hid behind the trash can. Her mother then came outside and saw her daughter and son playing in the yard. She didn't have the time to argue over there stunt. She simply had her son go inside and finish getting ready. She asked her daughter to go walk the dog. Her daughter happily complied in a last ditch effort to try and escape going to school. The daughter was outside walking the dog when she heard a rustling in the leaves next to a stack of rocks. Being the little eight year old child she was she had to see what made the noise. She slowly moved toward the rock and took a deep breath. She quickly pulled the rock of the ground only to uncover a baby snake. Being her age she only wanted to have a friend. She went to the porch and grabbed a net. She ran back as fast as she could to capture the newly discovered creature. She captured the snake and brought it inside to show her mother. The mother, being quiet surprised by her daughters ambition to grab the snake and bring it in herself, examined the snake. She then yelled at her daughter. Her daughter didn't know what she did wrong all she knew is that she had a new friend. She simply thought her mother was upset that she missed the bus and was finally letting go of the rage. Her mother then threw the snake out the door and told her never to pick up a snake ever again without an adult nearby. The girl simply responded by saying " yes, ma'ma." The mother, happy with her daughters answer, then told her children to get their book bags and get in the car. The children, not wanting to make their mother any angrier, quickly grabbed their stuff and ran to the car. In the car the mother apologized to her daughter and explained that the snake was very dangerous and could have hurt her. The daughter understood, but was still upset that she couldn't keep her friend. When they pulled up to the school the children said their goodbyes and left the vehicle. They waved as their mother pulled out of the bus loop. The boy had already entered the school as the little girl turned around just in time to see the most devastating scene she would ever see. Just as she turned she saw her mother get into an accident. She knew little of what where to come after this accident. She though her mother was okay and that she was just seeing things. Then recess came along. She was very surprised to see her brother sitting on the jungle gym. " what are you doing here? i thought you had a field trip today." the boy replied " I did but that stupid accident made it delay." The girl unknowing of what accident her brother was talking about simply shrugged it off. Later that  day she was called down to the main office. She couldn't have prepared herself for what news she was about to hear. As she entered the office she saw her father, family friends and her oldest brother. She didn't know what happened so she couldn't help but smile. Until she saw her brother and other people in the room were crying. she was surprised and wanted to know what was wrong. Her father simply asked her to sit down and grasped her hands. He looked at her with pain in his eyes and said " I don't know how to tell you this, but your mother passed away." All she did was cry. She screamed out in a painful cry and couldn't control herself. She fell into her fathers arms and cried. Then her other brother entered the office. "whats wrong with Breanna ?" he asks as he sees his sister crying in  her fathers arms. he sat down as his father asked him and listened as his father told him the news. "What? When? Why?" He screams with shock. "It was that stupid accident! Don't you remember?" his sister screams across the office. They went home and all they could do was cry. She tried to go to sleep, but the pain was so much that she couldn't stop crying. So she just laid there. Then she slowly cried herself to sleep.

© 2015 Breanna Riddle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a truly AMAZING story, it takes a great amount of bravery to write about this. Trust me she's probably watching you from above and loves you more than you could ever know. I love this story is amazing

Posted 7 Years Ago


Breanna you're really a brave girl. It takes courage to write down the incident. I'm sure she would be watching you from the stars. Take care!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Breanna Riddle

8 Years Ago

Thank you that means a lot and you too :)
Thank you so much for sharing this. I know it must be hard to remember.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Abby L.

8 Years Ago

I understand :)
Breanna Riddle

8 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Thank you for entering this into our contest, Breanna! Submissions will be accepted until October 15th. If you have other WC friends who you think would be interested in entering, please pass on the information.

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 4, 2015
Last Updated on December 30, 2015

Author

Breanna Riddle
Breanna Riddle

Mechanicsville, MD



About
I'm 16 years old. I live in Maryland, and I love writing. I honestly think poetry is the only reason why i like writing and i wouldn't of found it if my mom didn't die. more..

Writing