Leave You Hangin'

Leave You Hangin'

A Story by Abel Aviyah
"

A paragraph I wrote for a contest.

"

 

Gravel crunched beneath their feet as they moved toward the shaggy double-shot, a relaxed but purposeful gait to the troop as they journeyed. The man at the head of them scanned the area, his tongue gliding over his lips, “Let’s try to keep this quiet, boys.” he instructed quietly, receiving a swift nod from his three companions in reply. He turned slightly, motioning with his hand for them to wait. He moved up the two steps that led to their mock-patio and opened the screen door, knocking, but not waiting for a response. His hand moved over the doorknob, black particles forming in the space between his hand and the knob, before opening the door. Atticus smiled, stepping into the home. His eyes studied it carefully, as his men filed in on either side of him. Inside he found a burgundy, leather love seat situated diagonal to the television. A cast iron lamp stood beside that, giving the room a warm, orange-red glow. A boy in his early teens sat on the floor, with his legs pulled to his chest, by his mother’s legs, absorbed in the book he was reading. His small, black framed had slid to the tip of his nose, in a similar fashion to his father’s. The floor he sat down on a dark cherry wood, well aged to give the room an old-world charm. A smile twitched onto the face of Atticus as he studied the young man, before he turned his attention to his father. “Genesis, how are going to go about this?” he inquired calmly, clasping his hands behind his back. His men formed a line behind him, their hands clasped behind their backs. He swallowed, a brow raising at the silence from the other man. “Fine then, I’ll do it.” Atticus pulled a gun from it’s holster, aiming it and pulling the trigger. Michael pulled the trigger, a muffled pop sounding.  Genesis stumbled back, falling against the wall. The hole in the left side of his head had a small stream of smoke trailing from it, blood trailing after him. Atticus replaced the gun, clasping his hands behind his back and standing with his legs apart. “Cain Hwan Blau, you have been chosen for the Dark Breed X7 program. You are to report to the NO78315 Base at 2200 hours.”
 

© 2009 Abel Aviyah


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on September 30, 2009

Author

Abel Aviyah
Abel Aviyah

About
My name is Abel Aviyah. I am an unpublished, yet to be refined, hopeful author-to be. For now, I stick to short fiction. I�m in high school (beastly, I know) and IB at that, thus, I do not.. more..

Writing