Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by ThoughtsFromInsanity
"

Meet Raegan. And Meet Jonah. And meet their soon demise.

"

Johan and Reagan had been together for a while. Everyone saw them going places, and most likely together.

            Johan was quiet, safe, and before he met Raegan, incredibly shy. She brought out the best out of him. His golden-brown hair always hung over his chestnut eyes until she forced him to cut it off. Nowadays, it just passed his ears. She loved that. He wasn’t too tall, but still taller than the majority of people. Standing at about 5’10”, he towered over Raegan who was much shorter than him. 4 inches to be exact. 

            He reveled in this fact about her. “Now I can look down into those sparkling pools of blue,” he would always tell her.

            Jonah always referred to her eyes as “sparkling pools of blue” because of the way the light would hit them, and the way that they looked like a serine lake. Reagan’s eyes were what stood out most about her. People wouldn’t believe she got them naturally, asking if she wore tinted contacts, or even sometimes if she used magic. She giggled at their accusations.

            Johan, on the other hand, would look at them and smile. “They were just touched by the angels, I guess,” he’d tell them.

            Her strawberry blonde hair gave such contrast to her blue eyes and speckled freckles that decorated her cheeks that men would fall for her in a single look. Jonah never stopped feeling like the luckiest man in the planet to be the man on her arm.

            Until recently.

 

 

            “How was class” She asked as he walked in the door.

            “Eh.” He muttered. He sat his books down on the table near the door and went to go sit on the couch to watch TV. It was almost stereotypical of him to come home and go straight to ‘the game’ she thought.

            She realized his animosity and quickly kept any other questions and comments to herself.

            For weeks thing had been like this. Distant, cold, silent. She waited at home, unhappily of course, as he went off to college, or work, only to return tired or frustrated. The most they spoken about in the last few days was a discussion about what new drapes to get, which ended in a long fight that left them both emotionally exhausted.

            A lot had taken a toll on them lately. Recently, they had moved away from their homes into a small apartment together closer to the city.

            They had both previously lived in a small town in Pennsylvania, in which time seemed to stand still. Being the adventurous one she was, Raegan dreamed of the day she could move away from home and into the never-sleeping city of New York. Jonah had been timid of the city, due to his strong mistrust of people, but he knew it would make her happy and he did mind complying with her wishes.

            This particular evening though, things had been rough. They went throughout their evening, completely silent. She wished he would just look at her like he used to. That sounded so cliché to her, and she never expected herself to say something like that, but she just worried.

            What was wrong with him? Why was he so distant?

            She ignored these thoughts and went to bed that evening, and he followed shortly after.



© 2012 ThoughtsFromInsanity


Author's Note

ThoughtsFromInsanity
Rough draft, Please enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sam
Amazing write, Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very good. Just want to point out that you wrote "Johan" most of the time, but I think twice you put "Jonah" instead. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow it really good! Great Job!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


That was really good. I didn't see many grammar errors...Keep writing. I want to know why he's so distant!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

365 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 4, 2012
Last Updated on May 4, 2012