Myth of Creation

Myth of Creation

A Story by Colleen C Dunphy
"

Assignment: Write your own myth of the creation of either the whole cosmos or just the earth. Which came first- the chicken or the egg. Answered.

"

 

 

Before there were planets, stars, or the sun; before there was humanity, before the animals, the plants or even before the Goddesses and the Gods; there was the All Powerful Chicken.  It was within the eggs of this All Powerful Chicken that the gift of creation was held.  It was within these eggs that the planets and their surroundings were borne.  Even humanity was given birth to from an egg of the All Powerful Chicken.

First came the planets, the round orbs, spinning on endlessly in the black abyss.  Nine incessantly moving planets, and the All Powerful Chicken named them, Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. 

Next came the sun and moons, each borne of its own egg, holding the power of light.  This light would be the life source of the planets, and a beacon to guide the All Powerful Chicken home.  It [the light] would give warmth to the soon to come inhabitants of these nine planets.

Third was water and fire, borne together, for there could not be one with out the other.  Water and fire were given to the planets, to be used in any way they seemed fit.

Next were the plants.  Borne together and spread over the nine planets.  The plants would survive off of sunlight and would be the survival of the All Powerful Chickens ultimate creation. 

Fifth were the animals, borne together, like the plants, but only inhabiting the third planet from the sun. The only planet adapted to support any life beyond algae.  The animals were many, and the All Powerful Chicken named them.  In naming them the All Powerful Chicken split them into the animals that were acceptable for food for The All Powerful Chickens Ultimate Creation and the ones that were not. 

Sixth were the Gods and Goddesses, sent to the planets to look over the All Powerful Chickens creations.  They were to keep the peace and to serve the people in anyway that they saw fit.

Last was the All Powerful Chicken’s final and Ultimate Creation, Humanity.  Men and Women borne together out of the same egg, paired from birth.  They were two parts to make one whole.  Humanity was spread over Earth to procreate, and Women were given the power of the egg, of creation. But unlike the All Powerful Chicken, they could not commit this act of creation with out their other half, without Man. 

After all of this was done the All Powerful Chicken took the broken egg shells and spread the throughout the black abyss that surrounded the planets, and these became the stars, telling the story of the All Powerful Chicken and answering the questions of Humanity.

In the end the All Powerful Chicken left his creations in the hands of the Gods and Goddesses and went to live in the sun.

 

© 2008 Colleen C Dunphy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

the entire complexity of this write sets the readers
thoughts do depthful ponder, colleen, the unique
concept behind the creative aspect has overveiws
of spiritualism, faith, belief, metaphorically intriguing,
awsome, lighthearted intellectualism, a pleasure to
read, thanks for sharing your talent! take care, mike




Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Ha! Kinda funny, me and my mate Goat always said the universe revolved around a chicken (something to do with them staring at something and their heads not moving... it was a long time ago.)

Really great way of telling it, lighthearted, funny, a certain tongue in cheek aspect-which I'm always fond of.

Thanks for sending me this!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is so creative and just fantastic to read. It really made me think and I enjoyed each sentence. THank you for sharing it with me.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The all powerful chicken...indeed. lol This implies that there really is no starting point. It just is and was. Otherwise, we would be left to ponder, where did the all powerful chicken come from? The egg... ? Which came from? A neverending cycle.... of the same question.

I thoroughly enjoyed this journey through creation. Very thought provoking... with a little humor thrown in :-D

Excellent write Colleen! Thank you!




Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That was delightful! "The All Powerful Chicken," LOL.
And in an odd sort of way it all made perfect sense to my chaotic mind. You outlined the progression very well. Worthy of the myths of creation that flow from eveery corner of the globe. Nicely done Lee!
Now I know what came first...

Mark

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

took the broken egg shells and spread the throughout the black abyss that surrounded the planets, and these became the stars, telling the story of the All Powerful Chicken and answering the questions of Humanity.

I like this part very much!

(The fact that the whole world came out of an animal's butt would explain why I'm constantly surrounded by turdheads.)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

you submitted this in my contest it has nothing to do with making me start a rev. oh well good write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yeah well I always thought that the chicken came before the egg also...haha...interesting creative story. So we must be just all egg yolk in the chickens eyes?

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well there is a way I wouldn't have thought about...which makes it even the more cool! interesting read for sure!
Janice ann

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Uh oh I think the Flying Spaghetti Monster might have some competition! Look out Pastafarians, the ALL Powerful chicken has come to roost! I really like this you did well with creating it and expanding on the idea. Good work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A funny tale. It made me chuckle. Hail! the All Powerful Chicken!

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

400 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 9, 2008

Author

Colleen C Dunphy
Colleen C Dunphy

Buffalo, NY



About
I am: a daughter a sister an aunt a burlesque dancer a model a writer of erotica a gym junkie a collector of books a tattoo addict a collector of high heels an adventurer and explorer Fi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..