DEAR, MAMA

DEAR, MAMA

A Story by EMMIE

Dear, mama
I can see the world from here. It's all so strange. People seem so cruel. I see their mean faces and I hear their arrogant tones. Why, mama? Why are people so unhappy? Sometimes I think twice about coming out into your world. In here I feel warm but I don't feel safe all the time. When you smoke I feel as if I can't breathe. This place fills up with smoke and filth. I feel as if you don't understand because you keep smoking. Mama, I don't like it when you eat nothing all day. There is a sharp pain in my tummy and I get hungry. Most of the time I wish I could shout out to you and tell you to feed me. Don't you love me, mama?  Sometimes when you are mad I feel your hand touching your belly, and I hear you say
"Damn this baby! What a mistake! I can't wait for my body to go back to normal. This wretched little devil inside of me! I can't wait to get to the clinic tomorrow. This was a mistake, this damn baby! I'm definitely using condoms from now on!"
What does that mean, mama? A mistake? I promise I'll be good when I come out. I'll do everything, mama just don't be mad at me. You are mad all the time. But when you see me you will love me, won't you? If I make you happy, will you feed me?
Mama, what is this brown liquid running all over inside your belly. Its taste is so strong that sometimes I fell weak enough to die. Yesterday, I heard you say "Oh, man! Pour me up some of that whiskey and put some coke in it". I sure don't like it. I feel strange and sick when you drink it.  
Mama, what are we doing at this clinic? Why is this man in the white coat telling you to relax and that this would be over soon? Oh, no! what are these sharp metal things inside of you? They are coming towards me! Mama? Mama? Why are you crying? This hurts! Make it stop! NO! Make it stop, this is really hurting me! Why do you want to hurt me, mama? I promise, I promise I'll be good, please take these metal things away. This hurts! So much pain. . . mama. . . the pain. . . stop the pain. . . . you are killing me, mother. . . I am dying, moth. . .  

© 2012 EMMIE


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A abortion leave the woman empty and the body yearning for a baby. I knew many woman who lost babies and always wonder how the baby would of been. These photos make you see. They kill life. You can see the pieces of arms and legs of a baby. Thank you for the story. Real life can be scary and sad.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I know too much about this subject. Since a very early age, I've known too much, in fact. In a perfect world, all mothers-to-be would want their baby more than anything. In a perfect world, there'd be no accidental pregnancies. Our world is not perfect, unfortunately. This is heart-wrenching.

Posted 11 Years Ago


EMMIE

11 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and recognizing
Wow. This is beautiful. I love that you gave the child thoughts. Whos to say they dont have any? I can see a child thinking this. Amazing. Bravo.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

EMMIE

11 Years Ago

Thank you much!
A great concept, giving the unborn a voice... Emmie I got to say, you write
from the soul. You filter no subject matter. Well penned.

Diego

Posted 11 Years Ago


EMMIE

11 Years Ago

Thank you, Diego! I love ur work!
I've heard this story in different languages.
I'm pro life, but the image of a powerless and defenseless child going through this situation makes my skin crawl. Good writing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is so very sad.
I couldn't even bear to continue reading.....
but I read it till the end.

It is sad to think that these things do actually happen
even as I am writing this.
This society can be a cruel world
for an unborn boy and girl

You really have nailed it
from the perspective of an unborn child.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I really like it, specially when it's from the child's perspective.
it's sad at the same time, but a child is nothing but glimmer of hope in this mad world.keep up

Posted 11 Years Ago


So many people want kids that would take good care of them and that deserve to have them. They are the most precious gifts. This reminds me of something me and my best friend read through text when we thought she might be pregnant. We both cried. She wasn't pregnant but if she was she was going to have it. Why would you want to hurt or kill your own child???



Posted 11 Years Ago


Like Neva I'm so proud of you for this!! I could go on and on but this story really speaks for itself. Awesome awesome awesome!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5241 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 12, 2011
Last Updated on May 13, 2012


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ivor Ivor

A Poem by Tate Morgan